• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 "Jumpy" Slide Transitions

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in Captivate 2019 and am having issues with my slides "jumping" from one to another even where there is "No Transition" selected in the properties panel for the slide when I preview in HTML5. 

Example:
I have a photo and some SVG graphics as a background for slide-01 that remain int he same position at the beginning of slide-02. After I click on the button to advance to slide-02 there is a slight "jump" where everything dissapears for a split second then looks as if it reloads to slide-02. Even though none of the graphics or background image change location or size and I have the slide animations for slide-02 set to "No Trantision". They are merely set to display for the "rest of the slide" on slide-01 one slide and picking right back up in the same place at the beginning of slide-02. How can I correct this?

TOPICS
Advanced , Editing , Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Do you have a new instance of the photo and the SVGs on the next slide?  SVGs need to be 'recreated' on runtime from the code file. That causes a flicker. Nothing helps: timing rest of project, on master slide. To avoid it you need to replace the SVGs by PNGs or another bitmap image.

However for a photo I have never seen this happening. 

BTW: your tag has the name 'Presenter'? You are not talking about Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a new instance of the photo and the SVGs on the next slide?  SVGs need to be 'recreated' on runtime from the code file. That causes a flicker. Nothing helps: timing rest of project, on master slide. To avoid it you need to replace the SVGs by PNGs or another bitmap image.

However for a photo I have never seen this happening. 

BTW: your tag has the name 'Presenter'? You are not talking about Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seemed to do the trick! My next issue is a file filled with SVGs that I now have to swap out for PNGs. Is there an easy way to do that through the libraries, or linking the files similar to how InDesign works with linked files?

Although I am talking about Captivate, I may be using that tag incorrectly as I thought it meant that I would be presenting the file when it's done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No,Captivate is not working like InDesign. Since you'll be uploading to a websire, all images will be needed in the output folder. I know how InDesign is functioning, quite different.

Since SVGs are vector-based and PNGs are bitmap images there is no easy way to replace them.  They are even in different folders in the Library as you can see. It would have been easer for the same type of objects. If they were in the Library you could just drag it to the first image and it would replace it. Not possible between SVGs and bitmap images.

I asked about the application because of the tag. Presenter is a PPT plugin, a totally different application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok, that makes sense thanks for clearing that up for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still didn't explain why the photo was causing the jumpy transitions? Or was that a typo and was it only the SVGs causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo was an alignment error on my end. To explain that:
I had a photo ease in to the center of the slide, and over the course of 20 seconds I had it scale up by 1.2 until the end of the slide. Then on the next slide I had that same photo again centered and scaled up by 1.2 but it was not aligned perfectly to the center of the new slide causing what I though was the same error from the SVG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help, I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources