Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 " Not responding"

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all....

The following error message appears when trying to "Preview/Project" "Not responding" the error mesage appears during 6 to 8 seconds, then it dissapears and allows me to preview it...(just annoying)

It is something I am doing wrong or its a common issue with 2019 version?

Cheers

Vince

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Captivate are you using, please (look under Help; About Captivate)?

Is this a reponsive or a non-responsive project? If it is a non-responsive project wil you publish to HTML5 (hope so)? If yes, know that only F11, Preview HTML in Browser is using a temporary HTML output. The other Preview methods like Preiew Project use a temporary SWF output. If the Flash Player plugin is not installed in your browser, you'll not be able to use those previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2019 .. 11.5.1.499

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a responsive project, and when trying to preview it using the F11, the same error appear momentarily on the screen for 6 or 7 seconds. And no, I haven't got the Flash Player plugin installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, can you answer ALL my questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies...I thought I did !! (Sorry)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a responsive project, and yes I do use F11 to preview it, but the same error appears. I haven't installed the Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clear the Preferences? Did you do so when installing the patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I didn't clear the Preferences.....What patch are you referring to?....Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Patch to 11.5.1 from previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known and common issue with Captivate. It usually occurs when system resources are pushed close to the limit. Publishing and previewing are common times when this occurs. Be patient and simply wait until it clears. If it doesn't complete the task and locks up contact Adobe for support.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Paul....Will do so....Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources