• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate (2019 release) on macOS Big Sur (macOS 11)

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: We've released an early build for Big Sur that fixes the issues that Captivate users are facing. For more details, read this post

Does Captivate work on Big Sur?

Adobe Captivate (2019 release) is NOT COMPATIBLE with Big Sur.

If you launch Captivate (2019 release) on macOS Big Sur (macOS 11), the project editor becomes unusable.

We are working on making Captivate (2019 release) to be compatible with Big Sur. 

Meanwhile, you can review the current system requirements for Captivate.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 158 Replies 158
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just doing some expectation management for my stakeholders and clients, is there a timeline for this Big Sur update?

Very unfortunate that a premium provider and product fails on an OS update.

Personally, I'm very happy with how Adobe has matured in servicing and releasing their products, but this Captivate incompatibility is like a trip to the bad-old days where it was better to wait a couple of months before updating anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We, unfortunately, do not have a timeline at this point. We shal however keep you updated of any development. Since Big Sur is still not certified for Captivate, we recommend that you wait for the next Captivate update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And is there an estimate for when that might be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've released an early build for Big Sur that fixes the issues that Captivate users are facing. For more details, read this post

Please uninstall CP 2019 first and then install this build.

Let us know your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The early build does not work. Will not install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The early build will install for me after I uninstall the older version, restart, install build, restart, start Captivate, but it keeps crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the licensed build, not the early build. It is 11.5.5.678. You can check under Help, About Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I *think* I'm running the most recent version: 11.5.5.678. Can somebody confirm this is the current version? 

When I check for updates via the Captivate drop-down, I'm told there are no updates. Just trying to avoid going through the uninstall/reinstall routine if I don't need to - what I have is working on Big Sur. Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Version is 11.5.5.678.  Still no love on launching though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saurav,

Can we expect the update at least before Dec 2020? I have got a couple of projects to be published.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I, unfortunately, do not have a timeline on this. We shall post an update soon. Watch this space.

Thanks,

Saurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've released an early build for Big Sur that fixes the issues that Captivate users are facing. For more details, read this post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Captivate on a regular basis for work purposes and didnt relealize Captivate was not compatible until after updating to Big Sur.. would really appriciate a quick release to make it compatible. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Arnold5C17, we are trying our best to get a quick resolution for this issue. Please follow this thread for updates from Captivate team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us an update? We are a small company and rely on Adobe to keep us in business... we pay for this program, and need a very quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bluetealeaf , we shall post an update whenever it is ready. Please follow this thread. I understand its easier said than done, but we shall update this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my entire team is shut down at the moment. Projects are stacking up and the OS roll back is a major task to achieve, please get us a patch very soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any update on this? The plan was to update all materials in December to be ready for 2021..

Any chance we still can do some work in 2020? If you can't give us an exact date could it be a ballpark date? like Q1, Q2 or what ever it is..

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This's unfortunately not professional at all. We are working in a big company than usually updates the systems to the latest, now 80% of my work on Captivate and now i'm on hold for unknown timeline?! is this an underground company!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work at the European Commission, and we have exactly the same problem. Especially now when so many of our training courses are moving over to eLearnings. We need to know when it is expected to be updated, a week a month. If its going to be months I will be forced to rollback my OS just for one program. This is not serious

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back your Mac OS would be the sensible option right now.  That way you can be guaranteed that you can complete the required work.

Anyone that works in the programming side of the software world will tell you that it's usually impossible to predict with absolute certainty how long it will take to fix an issue.

Berating Adobe for something that is not really their fault, won't help in this case.  It was Apple that changed their OS and broke Captivate. 

Some of the blame should also be laid at the feet of whoever it was in your own organisation that decided to blindly rush in and update all of your Apple hardware without first doing any kind of preliminary testing.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, the fact that each new Apple OS is likely to break Captivate has been a "known issue" for years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe an email to users, explaining the issue, would be have been a sensible course of action. Adobe does have our emails after all. I appreciate your comment, and am not trying to berate in any way, but this issue has not happened with any of the Creative Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple releases a Beta version of their OS to developers BEFORE releasing to the public. That's when large s/w companies like Adobe should have begun work on alignment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources