• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 SCORMS not playing video on iOS (2017 works fine)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed a major issue. I think others have had this problem but I've seen no solution.

Last year I successfully completed a series of Learning Modules that were deployed on Moodle. They were built in Captivate 2017 and they worked great on iOS. They incorporated a lot of MP4 videos.

This year I was hired to do another series of modules and upgraded to Captivate 2019 and I followed the exact same system to build them. Everything seemed to work just fine but after all of the work was done I realized the videos do not play on iOS devices. Something happened with the 2019 release that made it so videos don't play on iOS devices. Big problem!

Has anyone else had this problem and are there any solutions? My 2017 Modules still work fine so it has to be a 2019 publishing setting.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Okay, I finally got it to work. For anyone else who may have had this problem:

I realize that while trying to remove the unnecessary extra play button at the beginning and to get my project to autoplay (like it could in captivate 2017, much cleaner) I modified the index.html file and added  cp.movie.play(); per advice found here: Captivate responsive courses will not auto-play on browsers - eLearning

This hack worked great for removing the extra play button but made my videos not work in iOS. I h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on 11.0.1.266?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in 12.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked for the Captivate version number, not iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, sorry: 11.00.243

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing out the update; I'm trying to update now to see if that fixes my issue. Although now I keep getting an error message:

Updates have been disabled for this machine. Please contact your administrator.

So I'll have to troubleshoot that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need administrator rights to update. It is always recommended to run Captivate as Admininstrator as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some troubleshooting, I was able to upgrade my Captivate to 11.0.1.266. I published and uploaded to the LMS and unfortunately, the videos still do not work—Captivate 19 videos do not work in iOS.

Part of my contract was having the Modules work on mobile devices.

Has anyone solved this? Thank you for any other advice you may have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I finally got it to work. For anyone else who may have had this problem:

I realize that while trying to remove the unnecessary extra play button at the beginning and to get my project to autoplay (like it could in captivate 2017, much cleaner) I modified the index.html file and added  cp.movie.play(); per advice found here: Captivate responsive courses will not auto-play on browsers - eLearning

This hack worked great for removing the extra play button but made my videos not work in iOS. I had to revert my index.html file back and now they play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That has been mentioned multiple times on the forums, not only by me but by many experts. You need to cope with AutoPlay disabled, because all those hacks will cause new problems. You found out yourself, which is fine but sorry for the search tool not being that good on the forum. It could have saved time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources