• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 serial number

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed captivate 2019 on a new Mac and if i try to put in the serial number, captivate told me that the number is invalid. I use captivate for many years (now in Annual subscription) and the only serial number i'v got is the serial number from Captivate 6.

It seems that there is no possibilty to contact the support...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The idea that someone has to 'hop onto my computer' remotely to fix something like this is uncomfortable.
I'd prefer if they posted a fix or documented it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you follow my instructions, you will be able to access the help. In fact, an Adobe Support person actually contacted me after I posted. But my problem had already been resolved. I also went on Twitter to ask for help, before I found the Chat sesrvice, and they also responded pretty fast. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I can see you have an active subscription. I have emailed you to, please reply and we can connect to troubleshoot the issue.

In the meantime, can you also try to sign out from creatove cloud app, launch captivate , sign in to using your Adobe ID and see if the activation is successful.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maynak, thanks, I got your email.
This has been a very frustrating and unproductive time for me.
After realising that despite owning the correct license, logging into my Adobe account and being able to copy my serial number, launching Captivate always left me with a dialog to insert my serial number, which always was rejected.
I reinstalled Captivate 3 times and ensured I was logged into my Adobe account, to no avail. Rebooted dozens of times, switched my internet one and off, used a completely different machine, used different browsers to log on/off, cleared Captivate preferences with the Utils .bat.

Then I reinstalled my operating system. Upgraded the OS.
And finally gave up. 

I then downloaded Articulate and was able to complete my eLearning project, just before deadline.

In over 20 Years using Adobe products, working in various beta programmes, teaching Adobe, using it every day, I have never felt so frustrated.
As a long-time Adobe evangelist, I never thought that I’d turn to a product like Articulate to solve my problem.

Nonetheless, after the deadline had passed and I had some time to reassess the Captivate issue (considering I have hundreds of projects in Captivate and many clients I have sold hard into Captivate), I reformatted my hard drive, installed a fresh operating system, logged into Adobe, and then installed the latest version of Captivate.
As you’d expect, it worked.

Then the tedious process of re-installing all my other applications, settings, mail etc etc.
In all it’s cost me nearly four days’ work and caused me a huge amount of stress, and I have to say I’m more than annoyed that on one day, everything is working fine, and the next day when I start up the app, I have this to deal with.

And what’s crazy is that I still have no idea what the problem is, but if I’m faced with something like this again, I will drop Captivate like a roasting-hot brick and move to something I can rely on.

Reading around the web, I see that this is happening quite frequently. My suspicions are towards the Catalina-ready preparations, but thats me.

Adobe is not well known for its documentation or support, but I’d suggest that someone deals with this issue before your customers start flooding out the door.

If at some time you can publish a reason/solution it would be great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, Captivate has decided to run in trial mode, with only a few days left in the trial.
This is simply ridiculous. I have no intention of going through the hassle I did last time.
If I can't rely on the software to perform consistently, then I'll use something that does. 
I am so p*&^ed of - I've been an Adobe Captivate user and champion since day 1 and am so annoyed that it's so flaky.

Still no response from Adobe as to the reason or a known methodology to fix that doesn't involve someone logging into your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to contact support myself. I am on a Mac, Catalina OS. 

They had me SIGN OUT of my Creative Cloud (CC) app and quit the CC application. Then open Captivate and hit Register, which asked for my Adobe ID. After some processing, it worked. It even opened CC back up in the process.

I hope this helps someone in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can email support at captivatehelp@adobe.com 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources