Highlighted

Captivate 2019 shuts down when recording video demo...

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded Adobe Captivate 2019 within the week. It's the latest version (as of 10/26/2018) from the Adobe Download page found: Download Adobe Captivate free trial | Adobe Captivate (2019 release)

THE PROBLEM:

When I go to record a video demo, Captivate gives me the "Adobe Captivate has stopped working" message. After I close that message, Captivates goes through a shut down process.

DETAILS:

I can perform all other functions in Captivate 2019 as I have in the previous (2017) version such as opening, saving, publishing, and even record a software simulation. But for whatever reason, it does not want to do a video demo.

*As others have suggested I have already tried deleting the preferences, clearing the cache, uninstalling and re-installing, running as administrator, etc. Most of those steps were unnecessary since I just installed the software - but I ran through them anyway.

*I have an Adobe Support phone number: 1-800-685-2950 that I'll try next work week and if I find an answer will update this feed.

*If you know of any solutions or possible solutions to this, please let me know as I'd like to get our team migrated over so we're all on the same version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate 2019 shuts down when recording video demo...

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded Adobe Captivate 2019 within the week. It's the latest version (as of 10/26/2018) from the Adobe Download page found: Download Adobe Captivate free trial | Adobe Captivate (2019 release)

THE PROBLEM:

When I go to record a video demo, Captivate gives me the "Adobe Captivate has stopped working" message. After I close that message, Captivates goes through a shut down process.

DETAILS:

I can perform all other functions in Captivate 2019 as I have in the previous (2017) version such as opening, saving, publishing, and even record a software simulation. But for whatever reason, it does not want to do a video demo.

*As others have suggested I have already tried deleting the preferences, clearing the cache, uninstalling and re-installing, running as administrator, etc. Most of those steps were unnecessary since I just installed the software - but I ran through them anyway.

*I have an Adobe Support phone number: 1-800-685-2950 that I'll try next work week and if I find an answer will update this feed.

*If you know of any solutions or possible solutions to this, please let me know as I'd like to get our team migrated over so we're all on the same version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jettameth1s

You also logged this same issue in another thread where several suggested solutions have been offered.  Please do not double post issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI RodWard.

The "other" post you're referring to is a generic one about Captivate crashing with a "Adobe Captivate has stopped working" message. It's not a double post since the issue I'm having with Captivate 2019 is specifically relating to the Video Demo feature. This makes it easier for other users to find the discussion and (hopefully) the solution. The moderators are free to remove this post if they deem it unnecessary.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jetta,

Have you checked your settings for Video Demo Recording? It's under Preferences\Recording\Video Demo. Be sure, that your Working Folder is located on your own hard drive and not a network drive. Make a new folder on your computer, for example c:\videorecording

Also run Captivate as administrator.

Btw. What are your computerspecs?

/Jacob

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob.

Yes, I tried changing the folder location. The default was already set to a local folder but changed it anyways (to another local folder). Also ran Captivate as Administrator. But neither of these changed the outcome.

I'm on a Windows 10 OS on a HP Elitebook.

8GB ram and plenty of space. I can easily run all of the Adobe CC apps without issue so I know it's not a computer issue. But as of yet, I haven't read anything about how Windows 10 works with Adobe Captivate 2019 so I'm wondering if there may be something there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes this type of issue is due to a conflict between one of the DLLs in Captivate and another DLL in the system.

You'll need to look into the Windows Error logs to find out which files were involved at the time of the crash.  You may find the conflict that way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is completely unhelpful and is just grandstanding on your part. The normal Captivate user isn't going to understand what this means. If you're going to post a response, at least make it helpful for the person asking the question. And your double post comment is an arrogant comment. Geez, get a life!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT insult a user who has been helping lot of users solving issues. His answer was NOT meant for you but for another user. If you ever need help, be respectful to expert users. As a moderator, felt that I have to answer your arrogant comment.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2019 0