• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Text to Speech and copied slides

New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have some helpful tips when using text to speech for when slides are copied (to preserve objects and actions), but audio is changed? When I copied a slide (b) from an existing slide (a) with an audio file generated from text-to-speech, and changed the text-to-speech for the next slide (b), the text was overwritten in slide (a). While the audio file was not overwritten, I was unable to change the text for the original slide (a) or print the text correctly for slide (a).

Any suggestions to manage this more smoothly would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text to speech is generated from the words in the Notes Panel. Once you generate the audio the audio is on the slide as slide audio but the file resides in you Captivate Library. If you duplicate the slide you have copies of all the words in the notes panel but the audio for the slide is actually the same audio file from the first slide used twice. If you edit the words on the notes panel of the second slide the audio will remain the same file as the first slide until you click on the generate button on the speech management window.

Duplicating slides may not be the best approach to building your eLearning project as you may run the risk of the slide notes not being updated and the audio not being updated as well. Here is my approach to adding text to speech.

https://youtu.be/SVemCn-2RKg

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen some instances where slides that were simply copied and pasted remained linked in some way under the hood in Captivate.  It was really annoying because changing the audio using TTS for one slide then also affected the audio on the other slide.  I usually had to ditch one of the slides and insert a totally new slide that wasn't copied. Only then was I able to copy the objects across and rewrite the script for the TTS to generate without having issues.  Even using the Duplicate Slide function sometimes still suffers with this bug.

Slides using Fluid Boxes seem to be very susceptible to similar issues, especially with buttons and their attached Advanced Actions.  Watch out for it and please report it to Adobe if you see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to check it out. WIth this workaround I could avoid your problem:

• After duplication, I deleted the slide audio in the duplicated slide.
  • I added the new text in Slide notes after deleting the original note
  • Opening TTS, generated the audio

I double-checked several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri for the work-around suggestion.  It does seem to do the trick.  Regretful that one is needed, but much appreciated.

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not a long workaround. You don't even need to delete the existing slide notes, you can also uncheck the 'TTS' box for that note. Could save some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources