• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 - Timeline animation not working

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have recently starting using Captivate 2019 and I am trying to set up some time line animation using some coach images and an audio that the images transition to. When I play it through the timeline play bar it works perfectly however when I play it through project preview it doesn't transition. In fact I also have a forward button that is supposed to appear after the audio and it doesn't either so it looks like animation isn't working in preview mode. Any ideas or am I missing a step here with it being new software.

Thanks

Steve 

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm willing to bet you have something on the timeline that is set to pause it before these animations can complete.

The button you mentioned for example.  Where is the pause point set to?  Look for the small vertical line that indicates the pause point, or look in the Timing tab to see the actual second where it should pause the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod, you where absolutely correct. I had a shape that was pausing (setting for this was automatic) and so stopping any animation afterwards from working. I have rtectified this now so thanks so much.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most questions of this type are linked to not undezrstanding the timeline. Have a look at:

Pausing Captivate's Timeline - Captivate blog

Or if you prefer an interactive movie created with Captivate:

Captivate's Timeline

PauseTypes

You also have to be aware of the fact that 'Play Audio' is NOT a Preview method, only meant to use for synching on the timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I think I may be having another issue this time when I review my project from the start the second slide audio and animation doesn't start until I press the CC button which I have inserted for those who are unable to hear the audio. I have attached 3 screen shots in the vain hope someone can help. Sorry I am still learning captivate 2019 so any advice would be gratefully received.

First screen print is the actions for the CC button

Second is the slide actions

Third is the time line for the CC button which is showing as inactive.

I am at a loss.

Timeline 1.PNGTimeline 1.PNGSubtitle 1.PNGSlide Actions 1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both slide actions are totally unnecessary. Leave them at No Action.

I would like to see the full timeline panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for getting back to me. The full time line is below. Any help you can provide would be gratefully appreciated.

Timeline 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any pausing point in the timeline. I would recommend to leave a small gap before the audio timeline.

Instead ot the Toggle action which you are using for the CC button I largely prefer to create a real conditional action, because you don't know what the initial setting for CC is: on or off are now both possible when setting it up. I use a shared action for that an other toggle buttons, and add a custom state that shows that the option is on, to make a difference with the normal state where it is off.

It cannot explain why you have to click that button to have the slide play however. You don't have an On Enter action (may be left to No Action). Only other possibility is to have a pausing shape button on the used master slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I am not familiar with the process you have outlined and was only shown in my training how to produce a CC button using Toggle as the action. I have now removed all these buttons as they where definately affecting the running of the project and it works fine. However, I want users to have the option to turn of the captions so would you mind outlining the process I should take to create the a real conditional action please.

Thank you for all your help so far you are a superstar.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mostly use the approach explained in this blog post:

1 action = 5 Toggle Buttons - Captivate blog

You will see that the same shared action can be used for several toggle buttons. The idea is that you need:

• a Boolean variable that can be toggled, for the CC button that would be cpCmndCC, for audio it is cpCmndMute....
  • a multistate button which has one extra custom state

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I have decided to delete and rebuild the Toggle buttons and the project now plays perfectly. Thanks for your help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem (animations working in timeline preview but not in any other preview mode) in Captivate 2019 and I figured it out. For me, it was due to an On Enter Action. I had an On Enter Action to Show something. There is a checkbox option below that was unchecked called "Continue Playing the Project" (see screenshot). Once I checked it, all my animations worked flawlessly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many problems posted on all forums are due to lack of understanding Captivate's Timeline, and the way it can be paused to allow interactions. You just proved it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources