• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 v 11.0.1.266 back ground audio will not fade out.

Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I have created a responsive project with back ground audio. The audio clip is 4 minutes long and the project is only 2 minutes long. In audio management, I have the back ground audio set to end at the project end, and I set a 3 second fade out.I expect the audio to fad out three second from the end, but that does not happen. The clip just ends abruptly. I do not want to edit the clip as I may add a few more slides. What is the best way to have the clip fade out?

Thanks for your help!

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

The configuration options for Background Audio are woefully inadequate and haven't been improved in many years.

As you have found, there is really no effective way to gracefully fade the background audio in and out.  And that applies not just to the project end (in your case) but the same thing happens with slide audio.  The background audio cannot be set up to smoothly and gracefully fade in and out when it reaches a slide with voiceover.  The sharp increase or decrease in background audio is qu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The configuration options for Background Audio are woefully inadequate and haven't been improved in many years.

As you have found, there is really no effective way to gracefully fade the background audio in and out.  And that applies not just to the project end (in your case) but the same thing happens with slide audio.  The background audio cannot be set up to smoothly and gracefully fade in and out when it reaches a slide with voiceover.  The sharp increase or decrease in background audio is quite jarring.  As a result, background audio is largely an unusable embarrassment in its current form.

So this is one of those (many) little dusty corners of Captivate functionality that has simply been neglected because not enough people complain about it.

I suggest you log this as a bug with Adobe and pray that they give it attention in the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried making a 1-second blank audio file and fading that out into the background audio. I'm not sure but I think it's fading to silence and the then the background audio starts up full strength, rather than crossfading into the background audio.  It is blank, so you can't hear it fading to silence. If it crossfaded, I think it would sound like the background audio fading in.

Having the background audio start second into the slide does seem slightly less jarring though.

Are there any other ideas out there?

mark -

shambunashi

Mark_W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources