Highlighted

Captivate 2019 v11.0.5 "Project Uses fonts that are unavailable" even though on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First use of nice extra features of latest version today 😉

On each start I get error message as follows:

CaptivateFontError.png

On checking however Windows 10 already has this font - and I can't uninstall and reinstall it either.

Any thoughts on Cause/Fix?

(I can close and continue as normal)

TOPICS
Editing, Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate 2019 v11.0.5 "Project Uses fonts that are unavailable" even though on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First use of nice extra features of latest version today 😉

On each start I get error message as follows:

CaptivateFontError.png

On checking however Windows 10 already has this font - and I can't uninstall and reinstall it either.

Any thoughts on Cause/Fix?

(I can close and continue as normal)

TOPICS
Editing, Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 13, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Myriad family comes with over 40 fonts, can you check once more if it's myriad pro on your machine or some other font from the same family?

Regards,

Aditya

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly MyriadPro Regular is missing on your system. Please install the regular fontface and try again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thabks Udaya, many CP users ignore basics of Typography, and its terminology.

I found an interesting help document :

Replace missing fonts in Captivate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thx  - I assume you mean "Tahoma" not Myriad Pro as this font name is not found. I did follow the obvious window suggestion and clicked "Replace Fonts" however windows said these fonts were already installed.

The next time I instead selected the "Bold" version and it went on a step and issue seems to have disappeared.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as an aside, it does not make sense that the message comes up in the first place if the previous version was working fine and no fonts have been changed in Captivate or Windows;-) anyway...all OK now 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/captivate-2019-update-2-faq.html#fonts

Missing font is new feature introduced in update2 . Previously , they were silently falling back without giving the user an option to select the font of his choice.

Anyways, happy to know that everything is OK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the issue is NOT OK after all. This is recurring and many others are reporting same issue. Fuller thread here. Captivate 11.5.0.467 replaces missing fonts (which are not missing) with Tahoma

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 1
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have answered in multiple threads that personally I never had that problem when upgrading older projects. This means it is not a general bug, but happening for some users. Root cause still not found, that is true.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because it does not occur for all users does not mean an issue is not a bug - it depends on the scenario and settings. For info, a wide range of users are having this and this thread is a fuller description: Captivate 11.5.0.467 replaces missing fonts (which are not missing) with Tahoma . It appears to me that based on that thread the number of different users it is likely a bug - given certain conditions of course, though I will now leave it to Adobe support who have also contacted me directly on this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 1
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to misunderstand what I tried to explain: it is much tougher to find the real cause of a bug when it is NOT happening to all users.  That is the reason Adobe has probably contacted the users affected by this bug.  Be sure, I dream of a bug-free application, but that is just daydreaming. Hope for all the affected users that a hotfix can be found soon. Only the Adobe team can judge from bug reporting and the forums (which they follow closely) what the percentage of affected users amounts to.

Newbies need to have as much information as possible, reason why I have been spending thousands of hours in 10 years answering questions and writing blogs. But newbies will not upgrade an old project - just kidding

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 0