Our company posts all of our videos on the Microsoft Stream service. Some of these videos are huge. Is it possible to use that service rather than YouTube? I tried plugging in the URL, but it did not work. Any suggestions?
You can try using an embed code that displays your MS stream service - users could then use that site as displayed inside your course.
Choose Objects big button --> Web
In the Properties pane, choose the Embed code radio button
Enter <iframe width="900" height="600" src="http://yourURLhere">
Change the width and height numbers to fit your course (or use percentages). Make sure you enter the correct full URL to your MS stream service.
Remember to put a pause on the slide (Next button or something else) so the slide won't auto-advance.
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried your idea. Unfortunately Stream will not allow the content to open in a frame. Any other suggestions?
Hmmm. Two things come to mind:
1. Instead of using the iframe web object, simply have a button link out to Stream and open in a new window. Your users won't be viewing the videos inside the course, but they should be able to see them. The course window remains open so they can get back to your material.
2. follow these instructions from Insert web objects in Adobe Captivate projects
You can also embed videos without using the iframe tag, although it is recommended using it. You can use the object and the embed tags, as shown below:
Oh, one more thing - make sure you test a published version on a real web server or SCORM cloud. It may react differently than your local machine on preview or desktop publish.
If you are using an LMS as part of this workflow, and you DO end up playing the videos, and they have long running times, beware of the fact that many LMSs will time out after a given period of perceived inactivity by the user. So, although the user is actually watching the video, the LMS may have timed out the SCORM connection and no communication after that point is happening. This can mean that the user completes the video and the rest of the module, only to find they get no credit reported to the LMS after the API timeout.