Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 VR Project - Pause after a quiz question

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm developing Captivate VR project using both 360 images and videos. Ideally, I would like to include several quiz questions that should appear at various points along the timeline corresponding to a segment of the video they just watched.

When I answer the quiz and click "continue" on the overlay slide, the video/timeline does not automatically resume... I'm not sure whether this is acting as intended?

Has anyone experienced this? The workaround I'm toying with is including a play button that would trigger the "continue" action to display on the timeline at the same time.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you test? I wrote a blog about Timeline for 360 slides. It is also

treating video. Can you Google it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lieve, thanks for getting back to me.

No luck via google, are you referring to this post: Timeline in a 360 Slide - eLearning  ?

I tested in preview mode and online via an LMS...For quiz questions the option to "continue playing project" is mute, as the option is no longer available. 

It's a Virtual Reality Project (rather than a 'regular' non-responsive project w/ a 360 slide)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The behavior of overlay slides (content and quiz) is the same, whether it is a VR project, or a 360 slide inserted in a blank project. I prefer the last workflow because it allows you at least to create a title slide and other content slides which are not 360°. For most courses not everything needs to be that way.

Here is the link:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/timeline-for-360-slides-static-slash-video

I spent time to explore how to use 360 Video, because I couldn't find any real documentation about those, only about 360 images. The first post I wrote was:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-and-tricks-for-vr-projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the links! (yes, also finding documentation difficult to come by)

Curious whether you tried a VR headset to interact w/ the 'regular' content slides? Do the interactions still work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I don't have goggles at this moment, not sure about it. That could be the reason to use a VR project. At this moment however I suspect only a minority is using goggles for eLearning. To me it looks like more is needed to make the experience really immersive, it is only the first release of CP allowing that type of image/video. For an eLearning project which will mostly be used on desktop/laptop, a blank project is recommended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the goggles, but are waiting on a suitable phone to be delivered before testing, I was curious if you had already tested it out!  In our case we are creating a VR experience. Thanks for your time in responding regardless, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No budget for the moment.... Let us know how testing is going?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources