• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 VR slides won't display on Chrome

Participant ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded and updated Captivate to release 11.0.1 on Windows 10.

I developed a test project with VR slides. When I preview the project on Chrome (71), it displays fine; but if I play the project on Chrome after publishing it, the VR slides are ALL black and won't display correctly. It works fine in Firefox 60+, and MS Edge.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure this is not due to the facct that AutoPlay is disabled in Chrome? I always use Chrome and didn't see that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might also be worth testing from a web server or LMS to make sure the issue isn't simply permissions blocking the playback when done locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip Rod. I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Autoplay is enabled in Chrome, but still the same. The thing is, that non-VR slides work fine, just the VR obnes show all black.

Autoplay doesn't work anymore for Captivate 2019 HTML5 projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AutoPlay IS disabled in Captivate and cannot be enabled, for all HTML output. VR slides essentially need HTML output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it isn't a server like LMS or web server where you the project is hosted, Chrome will block it, because the files don't come from the same source. (It's not a captivate issue)

If you still want to test the project, use Mozilla firefox, it works fine. Otherwise you have to host your project in a server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources