• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 youtube video controls

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded captivate 2019 and when embedding a YouTube video the user no longer gets video controls to start, stop, fast farward, CC, etc. I tried embedding the video with interactive video and media with the same outcome. I need the user controls for the video to be accessible and not seeing this option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Thanks for the help.

I was finally able to get this accomplished by adding the YouTube video as a learning interaction. I miss how nice and easy this was in the 2009 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate allows for two different methods of inserting video.  Event Video and Multi-slide Synchronized Video.

Which one did you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the options of Event Video or Slide Video. I used Slide video since I'm trying to upload an unlisted YouTube video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synchronised video, like interactive video are controlled by Captivate. If

you want control buttons, use a playbar or custom buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the suggestion, however there is already the Captivate playbar to manipulate the file. I am needing a separate set of controls for the YouTube video. How can I create a custom button to turn on the YouTube closed captioning? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it with Captivate 2019, but you try embedding the video as an HTML5 Animation.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.

I was finally able to get this accomplished by adding the YouTube video as a learning interaction. I miss how nice and easy this was in the 2009 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??? Learning interaction? I think l-you mean a webobject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I mean learning interaction. In the 2019 version, Interaction includes YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a YouTube Learning Interaction on a Paul Wilson vid but he was using 2009 I believe. I have 20-19, and I don't see a YouTube Learning Interaction. I want to add the YT playbar so I can have closed captioning on a YouTube embed. 

Suggestions?

Thx!
Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found my solution for embedding YouTube playbar controls, including the closed captioning button, into a YouTube slide.

You need to get the YouTube EMBED code, this is the <iframe> ... </iframe> code. Copy that to the clipboard or notepad.

On the Captivate slide, open OBJECTS > WEB.

You have two options: ADDRESS and EMBED CODE. 

Click the EMBED CODE option and then paste the <iframe>  script from YouTube.

You then have to stretch out the WEB_# timeline to the length of the YouTube vid. But this is displayed when the YouTube vid starts to play. But the YouTube playbar appears along with the CC controls.

In the PROPERTIES > OPTIONS panel you will want to adjust with H: figure (uncheck "Constrain Proportions") for the YouTube border is longer than the video. That is a matter of trial and error to find the correct height but the system seems to work pretty well. 

You have to proof the work in the HTML Browser preview mode - the native Captivate play function won't work. But that is a minor enough issue.

If there is a more elegent solution, please let me know!

Thx.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources