• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 Score optional question routes as one point

Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an assessment in Captivate 5 where I want the user to be able to select one of three routes at a certain point in a quiz, but each of these routes to only count for one point in the quiz total. Is this possible?

So for example, if they take route 1 via click boxes/buttons (not decided which yet) then they can answer the question & score one point if correctly answered, but if they take route 2 the same thing happens & they score one point for this question, but I'd like to see if something can be done so that Captivate does not see this section as being worth 3 points.

In other words, one question with 3 options, but only one point available.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Very sorry, but Captivate can only have one quiz in one file. And all the scoreable objects (question slides as well as interactive objects) will be taken into account for the total score (you can check this in the Advanced Interaction view). There is for the moment no way to control the system variables linked with this score. At least if you want this to be reported to a LMS. It could be possible if you are a Javascript guru, but I cannot help you there.

However if you do not have to report to a LMS, I could give you a positive answer if you want to take the time to develop those question slides yourself and calculate the score in a user variable. You will be able to show this score to the user, but it will be different from the system variable cpQuizInfoTotalProjectPoints/cpQuizInfoTotalQuizPoints.

If you are prepared to got this way, let me know. I've published several articles about customising quizzes.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri,

Thanks very much for the reply.

I'm not a Javascript guru either, so I'd be very interested in your articles on customizing quizzes please.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here is the link to my blog, got some tips in there too, and links to some articles:

lilybiri's posterous

Mark Fletcher (Macrofireball) does have the links to all the published articles in this blog post:

Advanced actions: Resources

Do not hesitate to post questions if you are stuck, I do visit this forum regularly,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very similar problem.  A software simulation exercise with "optional" methods of receiving the same result.  i.e. the user can click one of 3 click boxes, and get awarded the point for answering correctly...However, Captivate 2019, thinks the correct points for that slide is equal to 3 - so the percentage  is thrown off dramatically.  Out of a total potential points that can be earned the user gets significantly lower - even when answering all questions correctly.  Captivate click boxes are 73, but total correct answers is equal to 66.  I need to create a custom score - (cpQuizInfoTotalQuizPoints/66)*100 to get the percentage score.  Is that possible?  How can I pass that newly calculated percentage to the LMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please, this is a 10 years old thread. Post your question in a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources