• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 6

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Captivate 2017 is backward compatible w/ Captivate 9.  Is the same true for Captivate 2017 and Captivate 6.  We are looking at upgrading our Captivate but we don't want to lose the ability to edit those CBTs we have already done. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

There has been a lot of big changes between 6 and 2017.  No guarantee whatsoever that you'll be able even to open the CP6 project. You can always try but personally I am not very optimisitic. Especially if you want to change the published output now to HTML instead of SWF, expet a lot of editing to be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been a lot of big changes between 6 and 2017.  No guarantee whatsoever that you'll be able even to open the CP6 project. You can always try but personally I am not very optimisitic. Especially if you want to change the published output now to HTML instead of SWF, expet a lot of editing to be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I concur with Lilybiri.  Even if you do update to Captivate 2017, you don't need to delete Captivate 9 from your system.  Keep it there at least until you have updated all of the Cp6 CPTX files for any courses that you have.

You have a better chance of being able to upgrade older course files if your current version of Captivate is not too many versions later.  After you exceed three or four major version updates, you can generally find the software companies start to lose interest in resolving the technical issues faced during the conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources