• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8: Can you convert a responsive project to a non-responsive project?

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My co-worker created a responsive project, but she didn't really understand the use case for responsive design, and now we have a bunch of learners who can't view the HTML5 (they have antiquated browsers that they cannot update) and I need a quick fix. Is there a way to switch over the Flash\html5 version?

I have to fix this tonight before I can go home, (my co-worker is conveniently on vacation). Can anyone help?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Getting started , Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Hi there

Unfortunately there is no "flip a switch" and convert from responsive to normal.

What you are faced with is carefully re-creating each slide with the elements on the responsive slides.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry. You have to start from scratch, you can use the assets (look in Library), maybe the master slides and object styles but there is no quick way to convert to a normal project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately there is no "flip a switch" and convert from responsive to normal.

What you are faced with is carefully re-creating each slide with the elements on the responsive slides.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody know why Chrome users are having difficulty? Surely HTML5 will work in Chrome.

Are there specific browser settings that need to be turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oy vay, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an easier way. In a responsive project, right click on one of the slides and select SELECT ALL SLIDES. Then right click again on a slide and select COPY. Open a new BLANK project and paste the slides into that project. Worked for me. Saved me hours, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I select all slides there is no option to copy. Sometimes these things are temperamental.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it copies reliably as long as you don't have the quiz results slide selected. so after select all, just unselect that one slide and it copies perfectly.

Kind regards,

Riesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that I copy worked if I unchecked the quiz results slide; the Knowledge check slide I had in my project copied just fine. "Maybe because it wasn't a quiz slide but knowledge check made that OK. I didn't test further."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a silly question but I am fairly new. I used a template that was already created. I just inserted my information. How can I determine which one is the quiz results slide? I downloaded a responsive template and should have used non responsive and I need to convert it over if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please start a new thread. Cannot answer your question due to the new platform, including screenshots and URL's. This is a very old trhead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this comment is dated - but I'm so happy I found it! You saved me so much time! THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really? I think you may be misunderstanding. Are you using a Breakpoint Views responsive project? Because the described workflow is only valid for that type. It is impossible to create a non-responsive project from a Fluid Boxes responsive project which is now used almost exclusively. Both have totally different themes and there is no way for conversion. It may be possible to convert a non-responsive project to a Fluid Boxes project (only really when it was a very simple project) but the reverse is impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources