• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8 - tick box to use smart shapes instead of text captions has disappeared from my default settings.

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am hoping someone call help me with this issue. My use smart shapes instead of SFH captions tick box has disappeared from my default settings.

Can anyone help me with how I get it back again. I am using Captivate 8.

Many thanks

Janet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CP8 is very old; but did you try to Clean the Preferences? Look under the installation folder for the subfolder 'utils' and run the CleanPreferences... file appropriate for your OS, while Captivate is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you so much for coming back to me. In the end our IT department sorted it out for me, I did give them your solution but am not sure if that's what did the trick, but it would look like it as the box is there now for me to tick.

I was wondering, following your comment about version 8 being very old, would you recommend upgrading to 2019? Do you use this version and if so have you experienced any issues?

Many thanks

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janet,

I am not from the marketing department at all, but there are huge improvements from 8 to version 11! I only use the most recent versions, have 11.0 and 11.5 installed (the first one for some clients). There are some bugs in 11.5 but hope they will be fixed soon (obtained some hotfixes myself).

Upgrading CP8 projects to CP2019 should be done carefully however. I don't know if you have a subscription or a perpetual license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri

We tend to use perpetual licences. Thanks for the advice, I think we will go for it, although would you mind elaborating on the upgrading CP8 to CP2019, is there anything awful that happens to them?

Many thanks

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading to 3 versions higher is always tricky. You didn't have fluid boxes projects yet, that is not the problem. But themes have changed, quiz slides have changed, you'll have multistate objects where states are defined even for interactive objects in another way. HTML5 output has been improbed considerably. There are many new features, those will not ,cause upgrade problems, just mentioned those which may be problematic.

Hope you are not publishing to SWF anymore, and due to the HTML5 output imrovementts, that would already be a reason to upgrade. Amongst the new features there are the VR projects, interactive video, use of images (both bitmap and SVG) directly as buttons, brandnew Assets panel, copy/paste appaearance, QUick Start Projects, improved Advanced Actions panel, including new commands like Delay Next actions, and while loops.... and much more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That doesn't sound too daunting, we just need to be aware and thoroughly test any course that we upgrade. Fear not we don't use SWF anymore 🙂

I think we'll go for it, thank you so much for your advice.

Best wishes

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources