Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9: Background audio not working when publishing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been road testing captivate 9 a lot recently... and I am having a lot of problems when publishing.

When I publish a normal, blank project with a background audio file (.mp3 or .wav) it repeats, glitches and sometimes sounds like its overlapping two of the same track on top of each other. Any idea what is causing this? The main slide audio is fine, it is just the background audio!

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. The issue happens when the project is published to .mp4 which has background audio and slide audio. And the slide audio is not present in the first slide.

In this case, can you try this workaround and let us know it resolves the issue.

Add slide audio on the first slide from 0 to 0.5 sec and edit by inserting silence.

Thanks,

Rahinie

Adobe Engineering team.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more information.

What are you publishing out to? SWF or HTML5?

What are you testing on? Desktop or mobile?

What browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more information.

What are you publishing out to? SWF or HTML5?

What are you testing on? Desktop or mobile?

What browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. The issue happens when the project is published to .mp4 which has background audio and slide audio. And the slide audio is not present in the first slide.

In this case, can you try this workaround and let us know it resolves the issue.

Add slide audio on the first slide from 0 to 0.5 sec and edit by inserting silence.

Thanks,

Rahinie

Adobe Engineering team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Thank you both for responding, and Rahinie, you are correct. I am publishing to .mp4 and my first slide has no slide audio.

I tried your fix, and it works!!! Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s. Thank you Rod for responding too.  I hope the issue can be resolved without the fix in future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first slide DOES have slide audio (text-to-speech) and I STILL have this issue...overlapping audio in MP4 format after publishing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The audio is also distorted when I publish my captivate 9 project as mp4.

I do have slide audio in my first slide (not TTS, but recorded voiceover which i did in audacity and then imported to captivate  and distributed across slides). I did try adding 5sec of silence in the beginning and republishing the video, but the problem remains. Can anyone help? I've been wasting lots of time with this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My background audio was working fine in SWF, but I ran into a problem when publishing a video where multiple backgrounds were running.  I applied the work around adding audio to the first slide and it now works fine.

Thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eager Sorry, but AFAIK Captivate can have only one background audio file. are you perhaps also talking about slide audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources