• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 - Cannot unlock quiz results slide

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old project that was created back when the file type was .cp and I converted it to .cptx so I could work on it in Captivate 9.

Most of the slides were locked and I was able to unlock them all except the quiz results slide.  There is nothing I can do to unlock this slide.  It has the blue lock in the upper right corner of the slide on the filmstrip.  I can click that and it disappears but when I click off the slide it comes back.

In the timeline there is no "dot" next to the lock column.  I cannot highlight the slide and hit Ctrl-K.

Is there another way to either unlock the slide OR delete the slide.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

By design a Captivate project file (CPTX) can only have one Quiz Results slide. As you have found (and as Lieve has told) it cannot be deleted, only hidden.

So why only one Quiz Result slide? The Captivate designers probably had in mind the restrictions in the SCORM standard that stipulate each SCO can only report a single score to the LMS and so did not want to make the quiz more complex than it needed to be.   

You may be familiar with Articulate Storyline which does have the ability to ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Thank you to Lilybiri and RodWard for your reponses and information on setting up a "dummy" results slide.

I'm still very much a novice when it comes to Captivate and going through what I feel is a hassle of hiding an offending slide and creating a "dummy" slide is more than I want to do, though the solution I'm taking might be just as much work.  I do feel it is cleaner though.

While Adobe Captivate should be fixing this issue/bug that locks up a slide from from an earlier version and we should

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Situation score slide has changed compared with older versions. It cannot be deleted anymore, only hidden. Did you try that in the Filmstrip?  All quiz slides often the most sensitive to upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct that I can hide it.  I still cannot add a new one though.

I also tried opening the file in an earlier version (5.5) and ran into the same issue.

Thank you for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By design a Captivate project file (CPTX) can only have one Quiz Results slide. As you have found (and as Lieve has told) it cannot be deleted, only hidden.

So why only one Quiz Result slide? The Captivate designers probably had in mind the restrictions in the SCORM standard that stipulate each SCO can only report a single score to the LMS and so did not want to make the quiz more complex than it needed to be.   

You may be familiar with Articulate Storyline which does have the ability to add multiple result slides and attach question slides to each one.  However, even in that situation only one of these quiz result slides can be nominated as the one that reports a score to the LMS for that SCO module.

Captivate does still allow you to create your own faux quiz result slides and show scoring from Knowledge Check slides.  But the process requires creating custom user variables and having the KC slides success actions increment those variables.  You need to display the variables on the result slide by inserting the variable into a text object such as a Smart Shape.  This is another area where Captivate's quizzing flexibility lags behind Storyline.  It's currently a lot easier in Storyline to create these types of knowledge check quizzes within a module and display their results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am a Captivate super newbie, with a trial version of 2019. I have done a training course and watched a lot of vids. I could be in the wrong thread here, but the questions and discussions seem appropriate: I created a results slide with no problem and I created other multiple-choice slides. I added a header and footer (individually) to the quiz slides masters, and when I returned to filmstrip, my results slide had Multiple Choice elements locked into it as if they are in the master, yet these elements exist on no slide other than the multiple-choice master. It seems the multiple-choice quiz slide and my results slide got combined and no way to unlock those master unwanted objects. I am having a lot of DreamWeaver feel about this app. It seems so finicky and not very friendly. What I understand here (and I pray not) is that I need to start over and copy individual slides to a new project. Am I correct in this? What I am most afraid of, is that if something like putting an image on one of those masters messes up the quiz results, I will be struggling all the way through with 15 quizzes I need to create. Ugh. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to Lilybiri and RodWard for your reponses and information on setting up a "dummy" results slide.

I'm still very much a novice when it comes to Captivate and going through what I feel is a hassle of hiding an offending slide and creating a "dummy" slide is more than I want to do, though the solution I'm taking might be just as much work.  I do feel it is cleaner though.

While Adobe Captivate should be fixing this issue/bug that locks up a slide from from an earlier version and we shouldn't have to perform a bandaid fix, here is what I'm doing.

I've created a new project (copied an old clean project) and copied over all necessary slides to the new project.  With a few changes here and there I'm getting a clean hasslefree project going forward.

Once again, I appreciate the help that was given and if higher up programmers at Adobe are listening...Fix your product.

(Disclaimer - Maybe this was fixed in newer versions.  I don't know.  If it was...good job!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite a lot of years between CPunknown and CP9 or 1.5... and lot of changes to Themes (quizzing master slides are part of the Theme).

One recommendation: keep your questions in a GIFT file (or for recent versions a CSV file is possible as well). That makes it a lot easier to import the questions in a new version using a new theme. I cannot remember anyone else having reported that the score slide was locked at all, something must have happened. If it was a common issue, would bave been reported before. You may have tried to upgrade a project which was created in a 10 years old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources