Highlighted

Captivate 9: captions on slide with video

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I have a captivate file comprised of several slides, each containing a video. How do i add closed captioning to these slides?

The videos were created in Camtasia Studio 8 and include captioning, but the captioning does not transfer over to Captivate (as Captivate can only import a .mp4 file and the captioning in the Camtasia file is included in another file that the .mp4 points to).

I don't see a 'closed captioning' option on the slides that contain a video. I must include closed captioning in my project as this is a requirement.

If anyone can help me address this question, I would very much appreciate it.

Marion

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

The sceenshot is from CP2017, but the workflow is the same in CP9:

• Insert the video as multislide synchronized video, have the slide duration increase to the length of the video
  • Open Video, Edit Video Timing,
  • Click on the second tab Closed Captioning

VideoCC.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate 9: captions on slide with video

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I have a captivate file comprised of several slides, each containing a video. How do i add closed captioning to these slides?

The videos were created in Camtasia Studio 8 and include captioning, but the captioning does not transfer over to Captivate (as Captivate can only import a .mp4 file and the captioning in the Camtasia file is included in another file that the .mp4 points to).

I don't see a 'closed captioning' option on the slides that contain a video. I must include closed captioning in my project as this is a requirement.

If anyone can help me address this question, I would very much appreciate it.

Marion

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

• Insert the video as multislide synchronized video, have the slide duration increase to the length of the video

VideoCC.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 14, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VideoCC.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Instructions work.

Have a great day, Marion

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2018 0