• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 - Click Box - slide to move to next slide when User clicks correct answer

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an exercise on one slide.

This contains 4 questions.

If the User clicks the wrong answer, they get a failure text (Try again).

If the User clicks the correct answer, they get a success text (Correct!).

When the User clicks the correct answer, I would like the User to see this Success text displayed before the slide then automatically moves onto the next slide.

I have used the following settings but the slide is failing to move to the next slide:

Any help most welcomed please.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

From what I can see, this should work.  But you say it does not.

Something doesn't look right about that first Click Box.  In your screenshot it is not showing the two small vertical lines that indicate where the pause point is.  Perhaps the object is corrupted. I would try removing the Click Box and inserting a new one to see if that fixes the issue.

If it doesn't, there may be some other configuration in your project that is preventing the normal Go to Next Slide action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline, if it helps, is attached below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the Success actions for the wrong click boxes? They are also set to Infinite attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now unticked the Infinite Attempts tickbox but the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is that all the incorrect clickboxes are set to pause until the user clicks, so nothing will happen until they are all clicked. The only one that should pause is the correct clickbox - the system will wait until that one is clicked, then move on as long as there are no other pauses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dan56 Having multiple click boxes pausing the slide is certainly not the cause of this problem.  The incorrect click boxes have No action when clicked, the correct has the action 'Go to Next Slide' on Success. That should be done,  and there is no reason whatsoever why all the click boxes should be clicked. Maybe I misunderstand,  what you aay.  That would be the case if there was a conditional action that showed a Next button only if all the clkick boxes have been clicked but that is not the case here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can see, this should work.  But you say it does not.

Something doesn't look right about that first Click Box.  In your screenshot it is not showing the two small vertical lines that indicate where the pause point is.  Perhaps the object is corrupted. I would try removing the Click Box and inserting a new one to see if that fixes the issue.

If it doesn't, there may be some other configuration in your project that is preventing the normal Go to Next Slide action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, I just thought that the pause was taken out for that click box, ptiy that the Properties were not shown for that incorrect one.

@OP did you uncheck 'Pause project until user clicks' for Click_Box_52?

I tried exactly the same setup: all click boxes have Infinite ateempts. Success feedback is edited. Wrong click boxes sussess action is set to No Action, correct click box to Go to Next slide. I kept all the pausing points. Everything works as expected.

You don't have interactive objects on the used master slides (shape button)? There is none on a previous slide timed for the rest of the project? The Exit event of this slide has no action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried the following:

1. I deleted all the boxes and imported another set I had created on another slide that worked well (the settings on that slide were identical to the one I was having an issue with here) - i.e.  moved automatically to the next slide when the User clicked the correct one.
  2. I then tested the slide and it worked fine

Like Rod has said above:

Perhaps the object is corrupted

Therefore this confirms it was a corruption issue on that particular slide rather than a settings issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question please:

Is there any way for the next slide only to come on screen quicker than it does now please?

Once the User clicks the correct answer, I've timed it to take approximately 5 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the duration of the feedback message in the Timng Properties. Default is 3 seconds, not 5 seconds. After that time the navigation to the next slide will happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue.  I try to use Advanced Action Option with no next button to advance.  Correct answers all have detailed positive feedback. They add to what is learned if used to emphasize a related teaching point (I've also used the basic correct answer with click anywhere to continue in the feedback.

I want my learners to have time to consider the feedback. The system advances too quickly, so quickly sometimes they make the feedback unless. I tried making the timeline longer and it has helped but it is not reliable.

Getting these just right can take considerable time to get just right and I am not confident they are reliable. I am dealing with content that will  be used by top management - this has to be right. Any insights or a list to the process steps very welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want your learners to take time and think, it is better to have a NEXT button for the learner to click when ready to continue. Relying on automatic slide transitions will be too fast for some, too slow for others. Let the learner decide when to move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the sebtence you mentioned 'click anywhare ....' yoyu are clearly pointing to the first step of the Submit Process on a quiz slide.. Do you unberstand that process? I blogged about the default setup and about possible tweaks in two posts:

Submit Process

Tweak Submit Process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources