• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 : Convert Knowledge Check to Question slides

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any way to re-declare or convert knowledge check slides to question slides? They don't seem to be too different to do that?

A colleque of mine prepared a finale quiz for a project with 80 slides for a questionpool, but he used knowledge check templates. whats the best way to convert the type of the slides?

thank you for looking.

ingo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

No. It is not possible to convert. Have a look at my last blog post about Knowledge Check slides and the differences with normal question slides:

Knowledge Check Slides - tips - Captivate blog

KC slides cannot be used in a question pool, and have a different setup.

This doesn't solve you problem of course. Maybe you could export the questions to XML or Word, then copy/paste to normal question slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It is not possible to convert. Have a look at my last blog post about Knowledge Check slides and the differences with normal question slides:

Knowledge Check Slides - tips - Captivate blog

KC slides cannot be used in a question pool, and have a different setup.

This doesn't solve you problem of course. Maybe you could export the questions to XML or Word, then copy/paste to normal question slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear they cannot be converted. I also developed a long deck of slides, using Knowledge Check for questions.

Then, when I was nearly done, I was told that the questions needed to be reportable quiz questions.

Looks like I will go back and recreate them all from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the opposite situation? I have many quiz questions that we want to be Knowledge Checks. I'm guessing that we cannot convert those easily either, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take out the option 'Add to Total' and you have a KC slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point value is 0, but where is 'Add to Total' located?  The main issue is that when learners use the Back button and they get one of these questions they can no longer advance because the Submit button no longer functions and clicking the slide doesn't advance. So it's not really a matter of the quiz score but a navigation issue. The "allow backward movement" is checked in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the same section as Reporting. You don't have KC slides as they are now defined, where leaving the KC slide automatically will reset the answers. I had a workaround for older versions, before the feature of the KC slides, described in this blog post:

Reset Knowledge Slide - Captivate blog

It will only be functional in files that have no real Quiz slides however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see. This project has both KCs and a real quiz. Looks like I'll have to rebuild them to fix the file. Thanks for your follow-up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources