• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9: Drag and Drop: advancing slides before able to submit

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm currently experiencing an issue that I can't figure out. I'm pretty novice when it comes to Captivate so please bear with me. I've created a presentation with 3 slides. First is an intro and the second two are D&D activities. For each D&D there are 21 Drag Sources, and 3 sets of 7 Drop Targets (So 7 Drag Sources can drag to any of 7 drop targets)

The issue here is when I land on the first D&D activity the slide is paused as expected, but as soon as I drag an item to a drop target the slide advances on to the next slide before I'm able to hit submit.

I've checked the timeline, everything is set accordingly, I've set all Drag Sources to Infinite Attempts with both Failure and Success Captions.

In terms of timing, everything is set to display for the rest of the slide and appear after 0 seconds.

I don't intend to use a timeline in my final output, so I've shut it off in the skin editor and my timelines are only a second long.

What am I missing here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Have big problems with your terminology, probably due to being a novice. Can you check the exact version number? It should be 9.0.2.437.

You use 'timeline' a couple of times, but not always for the same item? The Timeline panel is used during editing, there is no way to 'use it in final output'? Are you then perhaps talking about a playbar?  You really have to learn to use the Timeline panel, which is the most important panel in Captivate. I have blogged a lot about it. Here is a movie:

Captivate's Timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have big problems with your terminology, probably due to being a novice. Can you check the exact version number? It should be 9.0.2.437.

You use 'timeline' a couple of times, but not always for the same item? The Timeline panel is used during editing, there is no way to 'use it in final output'? Are you then perhaps talking about a playbar?  You really have to learn to use the Timeline panel, which is the most important panel in Captivate. I have blogged a lot about it. Here is a movie:

Captivate's Timeline

D&D slides are paused by default at 1,5 seconds. That pausing point is linked to the Submit button. But you say that you decreased the slide timeline to 1 sec? Can you please check in the Timing panel when the slide is pausing? Too bad that the pausing point is not visible in the Timeline.

Did you use Object actions? Here are some blog posts about Drag&Drop:

Drag&Drop tips - Captivate blog

Drag&Drop in 2016 with Captivate 9 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response Lilybiri, and providing resources. I've viewed them and was able to figure out what I was doing wrong.

(My object actions for the drop targets were set to Continue by default. All I needed to do was set them to Pause.)

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to have helped. However, no need to set them to Pause, just set them to No Action which is normally default for Object Actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources