Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 - HTML5 text entry issues

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am creating eLearning which will be interactive allowing the user to move through by entering text. I have used text entry boxes to achieve this and also have separate state views to give additional information in a roll over effect.  This is all working great until I preview in HTML5, I am trying to make sure everything works in HTML as the world is moving away from Flash and so are we. This is just one of many issues discovered when previewing in HTML but this is the only one I can't find a work around for.

Issue:

When running the HTML5 preview the text entry box appears over the top of the roll over information even though it is below on the timeline.  When previewed in Captivate it works fine but HTML does not like it. I've tried giving the text entry box an Opacity of zero as a solution but I end up with a white box instead!

Please can anyone help? I find there is very little information in the Google world around the Captivate assets that don't work in HTML and find it hard to believe that no one else is experiencing issues.

Thank you for your time and input.

Teresa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also encountered your issue.  It appears to be something related to the way the HTML5 browsers prefer to put input objects such as text entry boxes at the highest layer level so that they are not obscured.

You will find the same thing happens in Captivate Fill in the Blank quiz question slides.  The feedback captions cannot be on top of the text fields.

Unless someone else has a better idea or fix, I suggest you reposition your objects so that they do not conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and it's 3 years later then the original post. Unfortunately my hover is a magnifying glass. When I hover over it, it magnify's the section in doubt to fill the screen (except the text entry box that sits on top of the rollover). Due to this I am unable to move the hover around so it's not over the top of the text entry box. Does anyone know of a solution to this that may have happened over the past 3 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry but the answer is probably NO. Nothing has changed about the functionality of Text Entry Boxes, nor about its default position on top of the stack (z-order).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources