• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 Keyboard Accessibility issues

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having several issues with keyboard accessibility on a project I am working on.

• Unable to tab to the TOC button except on a Knowledge check slide.  For some reason it works here but everywhere else it tabs right past it

• Unable to tab to Hyperlinks in text boxes.  These appear in the tab order but when tabbing through the slide are never reached.

• Tab order of Knowledge check slides is random.  The only item that shows up in the tab order is the submit button.  When I try to tab to the individual choices it randomly jumps from one to another.

Does anyone know how to address these issue?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about your TOC button, I've never really had issues tabbing to interactive objects.

With the links, you might have to use the arrows keys. We use JAWS and there is a table for each browser and what the different keys do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The TOC button issue and tab order on KC slides issue is fixed in the latest version of captivate. You might want to try Captivate 2019.

Regards,

Shivani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response.  It’s disappointing that the only solution for known bugs are to purchase newer software from Adobe.  It’s even more disappointing that the software you suggested does not solve the issue.  Multiple choice Knowledge check still tab in a random order and the TOC button is not available at all in the tabbing sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources