Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 - Library Panel Language Issue

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Perhaps someone has experienced this weird issue in the Library Panel and can offer advice?  The Library Panel display the Date Modified information in Spanish. The other columns of information (Name, Size, etc.) are in English. Weird, eh?

How can I change the Library Panel to display all information in English? Assuming that is not possible, can the Date Modified be displayed as numbers and not words (12/1/2013 for example)?

Thanks for your help,

See attached pix.

Cheers, Captivate Library Spanish.pngLibPanel_Lang.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the dates are displayed as per your system settings, but the other items in the properties and library windows are set by Captivate defaults. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the quick response. I am using Win7 and it occurred to me that the OS language c/b the problem.  I suspected that Spanish c/b installed since the Captivate 9 Library Panel is displaying Spanish dates.  However, when I checked Language/Region on the Control Panel...only English is the installed language. ¡Ay, caramba!

Other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Spanish version of Captivate?

I am just guessing. At this moment my OS in in Dutch on one of my systems, in English on the other systems. I use Captivate English version, dates are always shown in English, seems not linked to the OS language  Is that so important?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lily,

No, not as far as I am aware. Captivate license is held by school district and SW was installed via online enterprise account. All OS in the district are in English.

Maybe not so important, but definitely annoying as I have to translate dates when I am updating assets in the library.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, I always have to translate the American way of translating dates which is contrary to international accepted dates, and the European way.  You could try to get into contact with the vendor, because it looks like there is a mix of Spanish and English version. I have a French version as well, which has all in French except the term 'Fluid Boxes' which was apparently not having a good french translation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources