Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 metadata.xml VCARD

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was publishing multiple Captivate HTML5 projects and when I uploaded them to our LMS (Cornerstone) each one crashed due to an ampersand in the metadata.xml file. I understand that the ampersand is an illegal character but I cannot locate or figure out where the VCARD info is being pulled from. I had our tech guy comb through everything he could on my PC but neither of us understand where the information is coming from. Here's the xml code:

<centity>
                <vcard>
                    BEGIN:VCARD
                    VERSION:2.1
                    FN: NC State Board of Elections & Ethics Enforcement
ORG: NC State Board of Elections & Ethics Enforcement
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET: elections.sboe@ncsbe.gov
URL:  www.ncsbe.gov
                    END:VCARD
                </vcard>
            </centity>

The issue is that the organization name no longer contains "& Ethics Enforcement" and is not found anywhere in publish settings. My theory is that the org info is buried somewhere on the PC but that's out of my wheelhouse. I even built a small program from scratch to test it and the metadata file also included the above. Anyone have any suggestions?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my SCORM files - the vcard information matches what I have entered in the project information.

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand that but the "& Ethics Enforcement" isn't there on any module, only NC State Board of Elections. That's why I think that it's being pulled from somewhere else. In the test module that I created yesterday I left those spaces blank and it still appeared in the metadata file. I've been using Captivate since Captivate 4 and have never run into this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your institution use a corporate license - or is this a single licensed install?

I wonder if a larger Adobe account of some sort is pulling it in.

Have you - or are you able - to check the profile through which you are logged in to Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a corporate license. I have checked my profile and it's showing the correct organizational name. I agree with you that the application has to be pulling the information from somewhere else. I just wish we could find it. I'm wondering if it has something to do with how the original license (probably years old) was set up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No company information here?

Unless someone else here has any ideas, I guess my next option would be to check with whoever handles your software licensing and touch base with Adobe to see if there is any lingering data.

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the Public Profile there was nothing listed but it was showing at the bottom of that screen under Organization Name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be the culprit then.

If you are not able to edit that directly or if someone with the proper credentials cannot - it may be worth that call in to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be troublesome...

But in the short term - can you edit the xml file to take out the offending &?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and yes, I realized that the only way at that point was to edit the metadata files. Unfortunately there were almost 30 modules but that's what keeps us in business.  8-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a long shot, but do you happen have a TOC in your courses? If so, do you have anything in the 'TOC Information' dialog that you can bring up with the 'Info...' button in the TOC tab of the Skin Editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That crossed my mind but we don't use the TOC and there's nothing in the info field. Thanks for your thought though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources