• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 - Multiple toggle buttons need to be clicked twice

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create multiple toggle buttons. When one toggle button is in the ON state, clicking on another toggle button should turn itself ON and the previous button OFF. This is working ok with 3 buttons but after working once I have to click on the button twice to get it to work again.

I'm using a transparent button on top of an image with two states (ON and OFF).

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Do not use Toggle, but Assign command. Bit busy, this is more based on my intuition (created tons of advanced actions). You can check it out this way (think the Toggle causes the value to be wrong the second time):

• Insert the Booleans in a text container on the slide(s).
  • Preview HTML in browser, and watch the values of the Booleans, are they correctly set in all situations?

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are going to need to post your Advanced Actions. You more than likely have a logic issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. Here's the Advanced Actions for 1/3 buttons.

cap1.PNGcap2.PNG

So basically, when one button is clicked ON the other buttons change the state of the related image to the OFF state.

It works great the first time I click each button, but thereafter I have to click each button twice to repeat the same action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not use Toggle, but Assign command. Bit busy, this is more based on my intuition (created tons of advanced actions). You can check it out this way (think the Toggle causes the value to be wrong the second time):

• Insert the Booleans in a text container on the slide(s).
  • Preview HTML in browser, and watch the values of the Booleans, are they correctly set in all situations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to ASSIGN from TOGGLE and it seems to be working fine -  many thanks for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the debugging workflow I suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources