• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 NeoSpeech full download?

Participant ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the NeoSpeech voices from within Captivate, but the voices are not showing up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

The fact is that you don't have a license for VoiceText when you use the speech agents for text to speech in Cp9. It has to be installed in the background in order to use the speech agents but Neospeech and Adobe did not intend for you to use the speech agents through this application.

Prior to the James speech agent being included with Adobe Captivate, I looked into licensing just that voice a few years ago, which would have included a license for the VoiceText software. It was very cost prohib

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installation is a separate step, did you also open the downloaded file and run the installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, and am able to open and manipulate the Editor tool, with all associated voices.  However, I can not access the same voices from within Captivate's Text-to-Speech function.  Additionally, there is an automated voice that says my trial has ended and that I can't use the tool.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Neospeech VoiceText software is installed on your system to give you access to the voice agents, but you don't get a full license for VoiceText. You can use the editor for testing out phrases and so on but you will always get that message.

If Neospeech seems to be correctly installed but it's not accessable from Cp9 you may have installed the wrong version, i.e. the one for version 8 instead of 9. Perhaps try again using the downloads from the following links:

Windows: Cp9_win64_voices_installer

Mac: http://www.adobe.com/go/Cp9_mac_voices_installer

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your above link for MAC doesn't work!!!  When I install the Captivate_9_Neo_Content_LS21.dmg file from your link I get this:

error.png

WTH??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the download from this page.

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-captivate-9-direct-download-links.html

Make sure you follow the instructions about logging into Adobe.com before you try the link. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul, thanks for the info... got it installed without a hitch now

However, does anyone know how to get a license for the NeoSpeech VTML editor that comes with the CP9 voices installation?

(VTEditor_ENG.exe)

When you use it, it tells you that you have an unlicensed version and to contact customer support to receive your key. It does this each time you generate a VTML speech file.

First, I called Adobe, talked to 3 different people, they had no idea, in fact the people I spoke to didn't even know the editor existed (sad when customers know more about a program they created than they do).... They told me they couldn't help me, nothing they can do, and to contact NeoSpeech. (Really? Isn't CP9 their program?)

So, I called NeoSpeech, (neospeech.com) but the guy that answered the phone at: 1.408.890.4715 sounded like he was severely medicated and had no idea how to help me and finished by saying everyone else was at out to lunch. Hmm... no way.. really? He assured me that he wasn't the only person that worked there...but who can say. Not a great impression of NeoSpeech that's for sure.

Amazing customer service guys! Good job all.

Can anyone provide any further assistance on how to acquire said licence for NeoSpeech's VTML editor that installs with CP9 voices?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact is that you don't have a license for VoiceText when you use the speech agents for text to speech in Cp9. It has to be installed in the background in order to use the speech agents but Neospeech and Adobe did not intend for you to use the speech agents through this application.

Prior to the James speech agent being included with Adobe Captivate, I looked into licensing just that voice a few years ago, which would have included a license for the VoiceText software. It was very cost prohibitive so I didn't pursue it any further. I remember it being over $1,000 US dollars per speech agent.

If you wish to find out about licensing they have a form you can fill out on the Neospeech website to receive a call back from one of their sales agents.

I'm not sure if you are aware but one of my most popular video tutorials on YouTube is about working with the Neospeech agents in Captivate. Perhaps you can take a look and see if I have something in that video that can help you out. 

Adobe Captivate - Text to Speech Hints and Tips

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again sir..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had trouble using 3rd party voices. I resolved the issue re-installing Captivate after clearing out all previous versions and prior adobe products, then cleaning ot the registry., installing Java SE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources