Highlighted

Captivate 9 preview does not work

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently upgraded to captivate 9 from captivate 8. Since doing this the Preview from this slide, preview next 5 slides and preview project options do not work in existing or completely new interactive projects. The project appears to generate but then I get an error message "can not open document"

I can use the preview in scorm cloud option (which is great - but slow to load up)

is this a known issue?

Topics

Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate 9 preview does not work

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently upgraded to captivate 9 from captivate 8. Since doing this the Preview from this slide, preview next 5 slides and preview project options do not work in existing or completely new interactive projects. The project appears to generate but then I get an error message "can not open document"

I can use the preview in scorm cloud option (which is great - but slow to load up)

is this a known issue?

Topics

Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you share a screenshot of the error message you are seeing? Are you using a Responsive or Non-responsive project? Is the issue with your upgraded projects or with any project newly created in Captivate 9?

If it is project specific, can you share the project? You can upload it to a shared location (eg Dropbox) and send the link to mdas@adobe.com

Thanks,

Mohana

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using a responsive project. The issue is with newly created and upgraded projects. Here is screen shot of error message:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Greetings from Adobe..!

Can you please send me the project so that we can have a look into it ? Please send me the private message so that we can connect try to find the cause of the issue.

Regards,

Mayank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a preview problem in Captivate 9 too. It starts generating files and copying assets but after that I have the following: Downloading http://localhost:2429/HTML5Temp9352761894015Pre/rindex.html.

After that, a window looking like a Word document but with a black field appears....no preview:( How can I fix this problem? I am using PC, Windows 8.1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just wondering if you found a fix to this issue? I am getting the same error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, this is an OLD thread.... Little chance you'll ever get a reaction from the original poster.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the solution to the Captivate 9 preview problem? I have a similar issue where I can not preview my responsive course unless I use SCORM cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am looking for the solution to preview issue in Captivate 9.  Any guidance is appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi even I cannot generate preview on Captivate - please help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue.  A week ago I had no problem with either the "from this slide" or the "next 5 slides" preview.  Then earlier this week, I started having problems with "from this slide," where it generates the preview (in the default Internet Explorer) and then just has the wheel cycling and not bringing up the content.  Now this is happening with "from next 5 slides" as well.  Is my project too large or something?  Does this have anything to do with it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group