• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 projects open with text missing

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the online (subscription) upgrade from 7 to 9 last summer. Ever since, my projects open with all the slides, captions, buttons, etc intact EXCEPT that they are missing all the text! I have to click on each item in each slide to get them to display again.  An example of the filmstrip showing two slides that are missing their text is below.  I know there is a page header and text within the captions and quiz object, but they will not appear (or be publishable) until I click each and every one.

This did not happen in version 7.  I have not had many projects since the upgrade but am getting busy again and need to fix this.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a very similar problem. The difference is that just the contents of the question slides don't show up. Everything else is working pretty fine. Some users are experiencing this kind of issue, but others don't.

Could this be a browser cache issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same issue just happened to me when I installed 2017 on my Mac. Now I can't open any file on any version of Captivate without the fonts disappearing. Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: it turns out I can open any Captivate file (v8, v9, or 10) other than the project I need and everything is fine. It isn't the project, because everyone else on the team can open those files with no problems. Interestingly enough, if I save one of those files with missing fonts and someone else opens it, they also see the same problem (no fonts showing). So it's definitely something on my system causing the problem but only with one project (50 files with advanced actions, custom quiz programming, and several hundred individual slides)

We have re-installed Captivate (cleared all preferences and caches), re-installed the OS, and re-installed all Adobe cloud apps with no success. Next and last option is to wipe my hard drive and start over...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this same problem and I found that if I start a new project and copy all of the slides into the new project (rather than save as a new project) the problem goes away in the new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem with version 11.5.0.476. Clearing the project cache and re-selecting the font from the dropdown didn't work for me; copying all slides to a new project was the only solution that worked.

As someone else commented, this bug is definitely impacting productivity. Hopefully Adobe will get it fixed soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread was for CP9. I never had this problem myself.  And since 11.5 was released you are the first to mention that it happens. What makes me suspect that this is not a 'bug' in the application but something happening due to??? for a minority of users. Please, log it since it happens to you and explain the exact circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same or a similar issue. I believe it happened after I cleared the cache, which was shortly after I monkeyed with fonts.

font_issue.PNG

Here's what I see. That text should read "CLICK NEXT TO CONTINUE."

To fix the issue, I clicked in the font dropdown in the Character section and selected the font. The text reappeared and all seems normal so far. Unfortunately you have to do this on every slide. Though doing it for one text field on the slide appears to fix all the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue on my mac os Mojave. I am using adobe captivate 2019. I noticed these issues were from as far back as 2017...it's now 2022. 

Was there a fix to resolve this issue? I would love to know as my project is overdue, and I have no more hair on my head left to tear out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are on a Mac, you should ideally have Captivate 2019 version 11.8, not an earlier build.

So, please check the actual build on your version by going to Help > About Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources