Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 Quiz Slides and 508 Compliance

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've searched the internet and the forum for answers, and get the impression that while Adobe states that multiple choice questions should be 508 compliant and work with JAWS, this is often not the case and it is normal to run into problems. 

I'm having a somewhat unique set of problems and I'm hoping against hope that there is a resolution now, or I've set something wrong.  Even with a nearly blank, non-responsive project with the accessibility option checked:

• JAWS will not read the question title or question text.
  • The submit button is first in the tab order and is the only thing in the box to set tab order
  • When using the arrow keys to select a question answer, there are three categories of things JAWS says, somewhat, but not completely in order for each question:
    • radio button checked (or unchecked) "Answer text" on mouseover - pressing space makes it say space and checks the radio button
    • "Answer text" clickable - pressing space repeats the text, but does nothing else
    • blank - pressing space does nothing
  • After submitting an answer, JAWS reads the entire slide, this time including the question title and question text.  It becomes stuck because y is a JAWS shortcut, so you can't press it to continue

Thanks for any tips!

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

2 years late, but I too have found this to be a major setback. Since this is still an issue in Captivate, anyone looking should refer to the following post for how to create a custom quiz slide with advanced actions to ensure they have a 508 compliant/JAWS readable quiz slide.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Captivate/508-Compliance-Quiz-Radio-Button-and-JAWS-Reader/td-p/60593...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources