• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9, states and course completion

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the course completion settings include 100% slides viewed, does that "slides" criteria include states? We recently had a course that wouldn't show completed in our LMS even though there were no branched slides and all slides were visited. I tried to find this answer in the forum but didn't find the answer to whether slide views also includes state views.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

HI,

In my experience the states do not count.

I always reduce the % number a little to avoid the issue you describe.

Have you tried to change the setting to a number of slides instead of % (again, I asked the total number minus 2, just in case)?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

In my experience the states do not count.

I always reduce the % number a little to avoid the issue you describe.

Have you tried to change the setting to a number of slides instead of % (again, I asked the total number minus 2, just in case)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we have now had multiple people test it and the only way it shows complete is when we select the 5 buttons that have states throughout the course.

It turns out the last button didn't actually open a state. It opened a new slide - so that was the issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show your Quiz > Reporting screen?

It may be that 'completion' is not being awarded for other reasons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Rod, we figured it out. One of the buttons was going to a separate slide instead of a state so if that button didn't get clicked then it didn't show 100% slide views. We thought all the buttons linked to states but one didn't.  Thanks though.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources