• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 unable to save the project error

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in Captivate 9, roughly every other time I try to save as I work I get an error saying:

"Unable to save the project to C:\gives folder location You do not have permission to save to this location.  Please check your security privileges or try saving to a different location."

It does this for older version files and newly created.  I can go to another location and "save as" a new version of the file, and then try to save while I work and it will again give this error for the new location.

I do have admin privileges on this computer.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows? Even though you have administrator rights, you need to activate Run as Administrator. That can be done with the right-click menu on the launch icon, choose 'Run as Administrator' or click on the Advanced button to set it up for all future launches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error. Got the same error on Captivate 8. I'm able to save with a new name on the exact same folder, but not simple save my file. It's incredibly annoying and counterproductive. I've done some searching, and it seems this question is answered since Captivate 3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, why do I never get this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activating run as administrator did not fix it for me.  I shut off everything running in the background and it worked fine.  So one by one I turned on what was running in the background and found it was my companies cloud service.  I have to do manual backup but I can save my files while I'm working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this! Since it is not happening for everyone, I am convinced the problem is due to an external cause, not to Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice to know, though, why Captivate is the only program I have this type of issue. Any guideline would be extremely welcome. I'm now on the 5th different name version of my file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the developers can answer that question. I just know that Captivate needs more access to many things because of its recording feature and the fact that some updates are pushed all the time (learning interactions is an example).  AFAIK that is not the case for most other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be the cloud back-up? Google Drive or OneDrive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using OneDrive as well, didn't have issues yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue--I'd randomly get the same message as the OP. Crazy thing is, it wasn't consistent. And if I just altered the filename by one character, it would save fine (without going to a different location). It was really a time drain.

Based on the suggestion by helenanacinovic, I disabled Google Backup and Sync, and I haven't had the problem since. I'm also inclined to agree with helenanacinovic that the problem is also with Captivate, not just GB&S. I haven't gotten this error with any other application that I can recall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a little more info: I rebooted and GB&S reactivated, and I started getting the error again. I checked the system tray, and at the time I got the error, GB&S was backing up files; I'm guessing it was trying to back up the very Captivate file I was working on, and that's why access was denied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources