Highlighted

Captivate 9: video - how to start on user click

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I've inserted a .mp4 video onto a slide. The video is auto starting; however, I'd like the video to only start playing after the user clicks a play button.  I don't see where I can make this change on the Properties panel.

I inserted the video using these instructions:

1. Video -> Insert Video

2. Multi-slide sync'd video -> Browse (and then picked the .mp4 file I wanted)

3. Modify slide duration to accommodate video was checked off

I used these instructions as I need to add closed captioning to the video and was instructed that this was how I needed to set it up for the cc to work.

Thanks, Marion

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Hope you are using the most recent version of CP9: 9.0.2.437?

Move the video timeline 0.1 sec to the right. Use the On Enter event of the slide to launch the command 'Pause'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate 9: video - how to start on user click

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I've inserted a .mp4 video onto a slide. The video is auto starting; however, I'd like the video to only start playing after the user clicks a play button.  I don't see where I can make this change on the Properties panel.

I inserted the video using these instructions:

1. Video -> Insert Video

2. Multi-slide sync'd video -> Browse (and then picked the .mp4 file I wanted)

3. Modify slide duration to accommodate video was checked off

I used these instructions as I need to add closed captioning to the video and was instructed that this was how I needed to set it up for the cc to work.

Thanks, Marion

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Move the video timeline 0.1 sec to the right. Use the On Enter event of the slide to launch the command 'Pause'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. The move of the video timeline may be unnecessary but is to prevent the start of the video under all circumstances. You may want to add a static image for that short time... check it out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Minka316 LATEST
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

Yes, I add the title page from the video as a static image onto the slide so that users will see the topic of the lesson.

thanks again for your help!  You are a lifesaver!

Marion

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group