Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate &LMS

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how the both talk to each other.. are they seperate 

If i am developing the training/ eleraning module onto captivate how do I as a business check my employees have completed the training, where is this all recorded?

once i develop the elearning onto captivate, can I save this on my desk top and  distribute by email.

I am still not of the understanding how this all works together, ie: development / distribution / recording of information?

denise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The LMS is a Learning Management System.  It's a database-driven web application that resides on a web server.  Your Captivate course content needs to be published in SCORM format (as a ZIP file) and then uploaded to the LMS in order for other users to access the content.  As users view the content and interact with it, data is sent from their web browser to the LMS via JavaScript calls.  Your LMS will need someone set up as the Administrator to be in charge of its operation.  That person will be able to get reports from the LMS to verify which users have accessed and completed which courses.  

This is all stuff you can learn by searching for information online about SCORM, Learning Management Systems, and by looking at the Captivate HELP files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources