Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate and a webm file path

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

My company is hoping to switch from Storyline to Captivate, but I'm having a difficult time pleading the case as I can't get our video files to pull on our LMS or machines.

We upload our video files to our POS machines in .webm, and in storyline we have a little bit of .html that we place as a webobjects and it works perfectly. However, anytime I try to do this in Captivate I only get sound- no video.. or sometimes I get nothing at all!

Anyone have any advice?

HTML:

"<html><head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<video src="file:///home/isp/videos/Training/Journeys_07CoreValues01V02.webm" width=100% height=100% controls autoplay />

</body></html>"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you previewing within Captivate or publishing to a web server and trying to view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been publishing it and uploading to our LMS and trying to load from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about videos integrated in Captivate, or are you talking about a published Captivate file? Sorry, I often have terminology problems. If it s a published Captivate file, did you publish to HTML5 or to SWF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I embedded the .webm file within a Captivate file. I published the Captivate file as HTML5, our machines do not support flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a video embedded? Why do you not just upload the published folder to the LMS? Did you create a SCO and is the LMS Scorm-compliant? In that case you have a zipped folder that has all the files on board for the LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded the published folder to our LMS-- it is SCORM compliant.. the rest of the course works.

The video is not embedded because when I try to embed a webm file it says it is not supported.

We use a file path for web objects in Storyline to pull the videos from the machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you adding this piece of HTML?

When I link to videos, I add the video placeholder and then use the space on the side to point to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't accept the webm file type when attempting to add a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking about inserted videos. Maybe they are not properly encoded. Can you use the Adobe Media Encoder to convert them to the correct H264 codec? You have a copy of AME packed with Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The videos work perfectly in their Storyline files, so I don't know how that would be the issue.

The videos have to be set the way they are to play on our machines (they're also currently living on 1300 machines, so I can't easily re-encode and upload.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since they are uploaded, cannot you use 'Open URL' command? Or the web object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure what the open URL command is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon a quick Google, it seems open URL wouldn't work because then I wouldn't have a video player. Is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was just dealing with Captivate not generating Webm files. The hearing audio an no video sounds like an HTML5 video files, which requires other HTML5 elements.  You might need to generate a Single File Generation version.  I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources