Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Animations and Advanced Actions

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I am designing a course and I was wondering if there was any way that I can create an advanced action or if there is any other technique so when the user goes back to the same slide there are no animations and all the content is already on screen. Similar to when you use the conditonal advanced action so when the user goes back to the same slide the audio doesn't play again. 

Thank you!!!

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem with terminology. What is your meaning of 'animation'? To me it is an externally created item which you insert with the Media, Animation. It can be an Animated GIF, and OAM (HTML animation) or a SWF. In that case you need to use a tracking variable (same as for the audio workflow) and hide the naimation on second or later visits.

If you do not talk about animations but about Effects created in Captivate there are two possible approaches:

• Use the micro-naigation approach which I explained in a blog, skipping to the frame where everything is in place:
    http://blog.lilybiri.com/force-first-slide-view-micro-navigation
  • Or apply the Effect with an advanced action, not as time-based effect, and use the tracking variable in the condition to apply the effect or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess I am referring to the Effects in Captivate. I only want the effects of the object to play in a timely manner ONLY when the users gets to the slide for the first time. If the user decides to go back to the slide already visited I would like for all the objects to already be on the screen without fading in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources