Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

captivate asks for a serial number but I have a subscription

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't know why but captivate keeps asking for a serial number while I have an active subscription.

The support was really not helpful so far and verry difficult (impossible) to reach. They asked me to uninstall/install and run a cleaner tool. I did all that and it didn't change anything. I can't use captivate at all.

I'm running the latest captivate 2019 for mac on mac os catalina.

Thanks for you help. 

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you log in with the Adobe ID which was used when acquiring the subsctipion license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do, I use the same account for the creative suite that I also have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just a user. Will try to contact a staff member who could help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a couple of suggestions.  

Are you aware that Captivate is NOT part of the Creative Suite?  You need to have a separate subscription that applies for Captivate itself.  If you log into the Adobe website with your Adobe ID, you should be able to go to your personal User Profile and look there at the subscriptions and licenses that apply to you.  If you do not see Captivate listed, that will be the reason why you are seeing these messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have sent you a direct message, please reply to that. 

Regards,

Shaleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dumb question, but did your trial expire already? Mine went seemlessly to my purchase after that. Previous to that, it kept giving the prompt that I had X number of days before my trial expired.

Hope that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am driving myself insane!!

I am 'quarantined' and I have purchased a monthly subscription since my 30 day trial ended and the pop up keeps saying its expired and I need to buy or enter a serial code. I uninstalled and installed way too many times, everytime I click the purchase option it says I already purchased it. I have deadlines to make please help ASAP.

Oh and I have been on hold for over 30 minutes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're the one I just commented on a moment ago, but did this get resolved??? I'm losing it bc I'm having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue, running the exact same OS and version of Captivate.  The serial number listed in my account returns the message: "The serial number you've entered is invalid." This being the only serial number I have, I'm completely out of options.  I'm also confused why Captivate seems to be the only downloadable software on the planet that still requires a serial number after submitting your user ID & Password, makes no sense to me, but what do I know?  

Any information on this matter would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called into Adobe customer support and they were able to take control of my Mac and resolve. Apparently there were some security settings that changed about a month or so ago, not sure if it was on their side or the OS side, but they were able to hop in and fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, so, how did you get Adobe to actually get back to you, or even do a control session?  I've been asking for help from Adobe Support since I posted this and all I got back was another link to re-download the install and it's rinse & repeat all over again.  You must be lucky, I actually don't think anyone works at Adobe Support at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be in luck.  Just yesterday a good person from Adobe Support answered a question here on the forum and volunteered to help with ANY Adobe Captivate and Adobe Captivate PRIME questions.

Take a look at this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-prime/able-to-track-which-users-have-watched-videos-as-part...

You can probably send him a personal message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue this morning. My Captivate Trial expired and even though I have a subscription it did not convert to subscription version. I removed the Trial version and downloaded the subscription version from my Account page. After installing I get the same message that the Captivate Trial has expired and I have no serial number to get it to launch. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked the staff to look into your problem. They may contact you directly through private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I do appreciate it!

Thank You,
Mark Savage
Creative Director
972.464.0004 x1219
Quest Resource Management Group
3481 Plano Pkwy, The Colony, TX 75056

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

We were able to get Adobe Support to remote in and correct this issue. It had something do with the log-in and it may have just been circumstantial, however, the fix for me was to select (not your Adobe ID?) just under "Sign in required", then I logged in normally and it worked fine. Not sure is this the fix for all but might be worth a try. 

Thank you Adobe for the support! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We were able to get Adobe Support to remote in and correct this issue. It had something do with the log-in and it may have just been circumstantial, however, the fix for me was to select (not your Adobe ID?) just under "Sign in required", then I logged in normally and it worked fine. Not sure is this the fix for all but might be worth a try. 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. This was the answer for me 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HERE IS THE ANSWER...  When it asks you to sign in, click the link that says "not your Adobe ID?".  Then sign in as normal.  Worked for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy solution and it worked for me. It is certainly worth doing as a first troubleshooting step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same problem and chatted with Adobe to find a solution.

• When you see the pop up that asks you to sign into your account, click on the small link that says something like "Not your Adobe ID?" Even if thhe email address is part of your Adobe ID login.

• After clicking the link, sign in with your Adobe ID.

• The application should then open.

This worked for me and my classmates to resolve thhis problem. I hope thihs information helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution also worked for me! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources