Highlighted

Captivate Breakpoint View problem

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Just a question if I may that I hope someone can help out with...

I am currently building an responsive e-learning package designed to be used on various platforms

from laptops to various mobile devices such as iPads etc.

As I am using Breakpoint views in Captivate, I have one display for desktop which has a resolution

of 1024 x 768 and a tablet view of 896 x 505 (which I would have though would be the view that you
would get in an iPad, one of the devices that we have quite a few of in our organisation.

I have done a test SCORM package of the first module and uploaded it to our LMS (which is Totara

based) and then viewed this on my laptop through Internet Explorer which looks absolutely fine as it is 1024 x 768 etc.

It still looks fine on a Samsung Galaxy S6 as I done a breakpoint view for this as well.

BUT..... when I tested this on an iPad, it looks like instead of it showing the tablet view of 896 x 505, it shows

the desktop view of 1024 x 768 resolution so that the bottom navigation bar has gone off the bottom of the screen!

Now, do iPads show a desktop view by default or have I done something wrong?

Are they supposed to show a tablet view of 896 length x 505 height and if so, than how can I make sure that this is the case?

I have tried asking the technical support behind the LMS but they have no idea as they do not support iPads!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate Breakpoint View problem

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Just a question if I may that I hope someone can help out with...

I am currently building an responsive e-learning package designed to be used on various platforms

from laptops to various mobile devices such as iPads etc.

As I am using Breakpoint views in Captivate, I have one display for desktop which has a resolution

of 1024 x 768 and a tablet view of 896 x 505 (which I would have though would be the view that you
would get in an iPad, one of the devices that we have quite a few of in our organisation.

I have done a test SCORM package of the first module and uploaded it to our LMS (which is Totara

based) and then viewed this on my laptop through Internet Explorer which looks absolutely fine as it is 1024 x 768 etc.

It still looks fine on a Samsung Galaxy S6 as I done a breakpoint view for this as well.

BUT..... when I tested this on an iPad, it looks like instead of it showing the tablet view of 896 x 505, it shows

the desktop view of 1024 x 768 resolution so that the bottom navigation bar has gone off the bottom of the screen!

Now, do iPads show a desktop view by default or have I done something wrong?

Are they supposed to show a tablet view of 896 length x 505 height and if so, than how can I make sure that this is the case?

I have tried asking the technical support behind the LMS but they have no idea as they do not support iPads!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 10, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the browser resolution for iPads on viewportsizes.com and it is 1024x768.

That is bigger than the resolution you have chosen for iPad, hence the higher breakpoint view shows up which seems to be the primary view in your case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1024 x 768 is the full resolution of the iPad screen. When you subtract the user interface (URL bar and navigation buttons) of the Safari browser you will come in more closely to 1024 x 698 (depending on iOS version). The best advice I can give with determining how much browser space you need for your various choices is to use a site like http://howbigismybrowser.com as it will give you an accurate resolution. Just make sure you are not zoomed in or your numbers will be off.

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, I get that. The iPad total resolution is 1024 x 698 BUT what I am trying to do is to FORCE the iPad to show the tablet view of 896 length x 505 height that I created in captivate NOT the desktop view of 1024 x 768.

So far the iPad is showing the desktop view which is not what I want.

It looks fine on the desktop/laptop etc

is there anyway to achieve this?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, I get that. The iPad total resolution is 1024 x 698 BUT what I am trying to do is to FORCE the iPad to show the tablet view of 896 length x 505 height that I created in captivate NOT the desktop view of 1024 x 768.

So far the iPad is showing the desktop view which is not what I want.

It looks fine on the desktop/laptop etc

is there anyway to achieve this?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have t increase the resolution for the tablet breakpoint.

This is the way Breakpoint views work: as long as the resolution of the device browser is between the resolution of the primary breakpoint (desktop) and the second breakpoint (tablet), the view of the greater breakpoint will be visible. There is no way to change that AFAIK.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to understand that breakpoint are literally that, the point at which it breaks from one view to another. Increase your desktop size and set the tablet view at the resolution of the ipad.

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2019 0