• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Characters from previous releases missing

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use avatars in my projects frequently. I've recently upgraded to Captivate 2019 and none of my characters are showing available.

I've tried using the solution here: https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/captivate-2019-update-2-faq.html but that did not work. My 11_0 folder does not have an images subfolder, only the business, medicine, casual, etc, folders, and moving those to the Assets folder for 11_5 did nothing.

I also tried the solution here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/problem-downloading-assets-in-new-11-5-0-version/td-p/10505... but that does not work. I don't have this available to me: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\utils\CleanPreferencesWin.bat ; the Adobe folder does not have an Adobe Captivate 2019 x64 subfolder even when I view hidden files. 

I'm a complete loss right now and I'm very frustrated. Please help, thnx.

TOPICS
Download assets , Getting started , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have the utils subfolder? That is very weird, looks like something went wrong during installation. Do you have admin rights for Captivate? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not even have the Adobe Captivate 2019 x64 folder. So I can't even look for a utils subfolder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you do not use the 64-bit application, but the 32-bit? Look in that case under Program files (x86) for Adobe\Adibe Caotuvate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the 64 bit version.

I'm currently using the 11.5.1.499 version of the software. My co-worker (who is using 11.0.0.243) does not have the same problem. Her characters populate in the asset window normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the relevant folder, found the .bat file. Ran it. No change. I still have no avatars in the asset window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources