Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Conditional Show Quiz results

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I'm a new user and I may have bit off more than I can chew.  I created a lesson with 3 modules.  Each module ends with one more more quiz questions or a sulation that I use as a quiz.  My intent was that learners would choose a module, finish it and then go back to the TOC to choose another module and then after completing all modules, they would get their final quiz results.  

I figured out how to get them back to the TOC at the end of the final question in each module by using the "Jump To Slide" in the actions section of the Quiz tab.  Where I'm stuck is how to get them to the quiz results.  I've been experimenting with using the submit buttons at the end of each quiz as a variable that when clicked would mark the quiz done, then using an advanced action to evaluate when the three quizzes are done jump to the quiz result slide.  But I cna't make the submit button a variable.  I've experimented with trying to setup a link in the TOC that would only be visible after the other links are clicked on, and I cna't figure that out. 

I feel like I'm missing something very basic, but no matter how many youtube videos I watch, I just can't get it.  Is there an easy way to do this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking about one Captivate project, right? I never have believed that YT videos are THE way to learn software as multi-featured as Captivate. Quizzes are one of the 3 main topics which cause lot of problems for newbies. Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/challenges-for-starters

Submit button is an embedded interactive object, which means you don't have a lot of control over it.  A variable is something totally different from an object. In the eLearning community I published a sequence of more than 10 articles about Quizzes. I have an older article about creating intermediate quiz score slide (you do not have to use the default Score slide, except for the Retake and Review buttons). 

Do you have a dashboard which allows the learner to choose a module? Can he/she choose the sequence of the modules?  If yes, you can use three Boolean variables, which start with a default value of 0. When returning to the dashboard with a 'Back action' (may be at the end of the quiz, or after a partial score slide) you toggle the variable to 1.

Then you can use the On Enter action of the Dashboard to check the variables: if all are set to 1, you know that all modules have been done, and you show a previously hidden button to jump to the final score slide (which can be the default score slide).

If you post quetions, please mention the version you are using. You find the full version number under Help, About Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a newbie myself I got a book "Mastering Adobe Captivate 2019 - 5th Edition". Found it very useful and goes through the likes of quizzes, etc. Maybe useful to get something like that for yourself. It comes with demo projects for you to try on and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Question answered by OP is for sure not in that book (which I know).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources