• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate content will not publish to HTML5

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Captivate 2019 currently.  I have created several eLearning projects over the last several years and they are updated every year or two depending upon our software updates.  This content is primarily training content for our customers.  Until now, I have been publishing the content as an exe file.  With the dissolution of Flash, all of these materials are inaccessable.  I have been looking through these forums to see how others are handling this and cannot seem to find what I need.

• I have tried to republish the materials as HTML5 but, unfortunately, every one that I have tried will not complete.  I have even left it running overnight just in case it was extremely slow to finish. 
  • I have used the HTML5 Tracker to see if there are any issues and it comes up clean.
  • I have called for support and have yet to get a call back.
  • I tried the Chat option and, after going through all the prompts to get to the right people, was told by the Customer Care Virtual Assistant that "Sorry, we're closed. Please visit again."

Is there a size limit to what these publications can handle?  Is there something else that I need to try?  Since I can't seem to figure out what is wrong, I really don't want to dump all of the older content and create it from scratch as I expect it won't work either. 

Lastly, if any of you out there are creating content to sell to a customer, how are you distributing the HTML5 content?  With the exe file, we were able to send the customer a link to download the content.  How can we accomplish something like this with all of the seperate files created during the HTML5 process.  I apologize, this part is completely new and foreign to me.

Thank you for any advice and guidance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HTML5 content is designed to be delivered from a web server.  There is currently no known replacement for EXE output.  If your clients have access to the internet so that they can download your EXEs then in principle they should also be able to access the same content as HTML5.  The difference is that they are not downloading a single file to their local hard drive or network in order to view the content.  With HTML5 you 'consume' the content by watching it in the browser.  The content is made up of scores if not hundreds of separate files on the web server that all need to work together for the content to play.

If you are having problems publishing projects to HTML5 and they won't complete, there may be some components in your project that are corrupted or incompatible with HTML5.  I suggest you find the smallest one of these CPTX files, take a copy of it and play around with it to try and isolate the issue.  Try hiding groups of slides and test republishing to HTML5 to see if you can isolate the slide or groups of slides that are causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources