• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Crashes when I try to access the eLearning Support Forum from the Help menu

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I purchased Captivate about 2 weeks ago. Ever since I paid I have been having trouble with accessing the Adobe eLearning support forums. Captivate crashes every time I select 'Adobe eLearning Community' from the 'Help' menu item in the top navigation. When I was using the trail version it was working fine. This is slowing my progress down and making it difficult to find support. Please advise ASAP!

TOPICS
Installation and licensing , Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the same Adobe ID for your license and for the Community?

Can you log in directly to:

https://elearning.adobe.com/

Then sign in with your Adobe ID and password. I thought I did see your name ther e today? Sorry for my sticky memory 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can login with a browser, but since I paid trying to get to the support forum through the Captivate interface crashes the program. It worked while I was using the free trail and testing Captivate out before I purchased it. I used my school email to get the educational discount, so I now have 2 emails linked to my account. I wonder if that is causing the problem?

Anyways... since I have paid I am finding the support harder to get. Not only is the Captivate UI crashing, but it seems that a couple of times questions that I was trying to post on the Community Support Forum vanished into the cyberspace of another galaxy. LOL!! Is possible that they were delayed for review and posted later?  I am so sorry to be a pain in the butt Lieve. 😞

However, I really do need to wrap up this learning activity and move on if I am ever going to get a job. There are lots of children with learning disabilities that are sitting at home with nothing constructive to do. It is my passion to engage them in learning at their own level, which they truly deserve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have been awesome... Please don't take my comment personally. I have learned a lot from you and greatly appreciate everything you have helped me with. I really enjoyed your talk during the eLearning seminar too. One day I hope to be as proficient with Captivate as you are. I learn at a slower pace because I have a learning disorder myself... but, I usually get it eventually. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your kind words, I love to help Captivate users as you may have seen. At the same time I feel very sad about your problems. In this forum I have some moderator rights, in the elearning community none whatsoever. Have personally also seen a lot of inconguence in the community. BTW I am waiting since almost 2 weeks on approval of a simple blog there, which I thought was useful for some users. Apparently not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is some good information to be found at the eLearning Community to be sure - but if you're looking for support - the fastest way to a response will be here in the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources