Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate crashes without error message when adding question slides

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

I'm quite new to the Captivate Community, and I've been working on a project. After a while Captivate 9 started to do funny things, which I could always solve with clearing Program Preferences, or the Application Cashe, worst case scenario with rebooting my notebook. Now every time I want to add a question slide to any project, it keeps crashing without even an error message. These are the things I already checked and modified: Cleared Prog. Preferences, cleared App Cashe, set to always run as Administrator, checked how much RAM I have (8 GB), and I tried to reboot a couple of times... 

Do you have any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have done almost all known remedies to solve corruption except one. Since it is happens with quiz slides, you may be aware that the quizzing master slides are the real foundation of quiz slides. Those may corrupt as well, they are part of the theme you are using. You have a pretty old version, don't have it anymore. Hope it is the most recent 9.0.2 version?

To solve possible corruption of themes, tell if you are are using one of the included Captivate themes or a custom theme? For the default themes solution is easy. Close Captivat,e. Look for the Layouts folder in Public Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets. Replace the complete folder or only the theme you are using now, by the original one which is in the installation folder under the Gallery\Layouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try that now, I even replaced other folders as well - but it didn't help. Since then I reinstalled the software again, now it seems that in new projects there's no issue, but if I open the exact project I'm working on or another project that was saved before the reinstall, and try to add the question slides there ( tried to add it normally, and tried to copy it from new project), it crashes still. 😕

Thank you for the help tho!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a theme from Captivate? If yes, did you edit the theme? It may be corrupted itself. What happens if you apply (just for testing, make a backup) another theme? Are you then able to insert quiz slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I used a default theme now, but I didn't really edit it. Not the question slides at least. Luckily I had a backup in a cloud from before I started adding question slides, and with that version, I can work now. I must have deleted something very important, I don't know. But now to the saved file from the cloud, I can add question slides.

Now I tried to change the theme to another built in theme, tried it with 3 of them - all of them crashes when adding the question slides. But only the files that have been saved before the reinstall, so there might be some issue with the files from that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources