Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Crashing + Fails to Publish

New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Somewhat new to Captivate 2019, and I've done a few relatively simple projects with it, including some with software simulations on it, but I would still consider myself mostly a novice.

I went away for the weekend after spending a week on a project for my final, and now that I have come back, Captivate is giving me all sorts of trouble.

First, when I open the project up (it no longer appears as a recent project, too), it tells me I have lots of unused items in my library, when two days ago I didn't get that message. When I go to preview or publish, it gets about 2% in before simply saying it failed. If I click on some of the text boxes to edit, the whole thing crashes.

I have reinstalled it and I am I still getting the same results.

Pretty frustrated, needless to say.

Does anyone have any recommendations, aside from start over?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you check the full version number? Look under Help, About Captivate.

If you are a Win user, do you run Captivate with the setting 'Run as Administrator'?

Can you clear the cache (possible from Preferences)?

Can you clean the Preferences? Captivate has to be closed and you need admin rights. Look in the installation folder for the subfolder 'utils' and run the CleanPreferences.... file appropriate for your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources