• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Crashing when I try to paste..anything!

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2019 11.5.1.499

This has worked without issue until today. Whenever I try to paste something Captivate just crashes. 

I have tried this on different modules, and after a PC reset.

Any ideas, I have read that changing to Administrator settings helps but why now?  It just says Adobe Captivate suffered a fatal error.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at your cache folder, it may have grown too big. You can clear it (maybe open first the files where you are busy with) from Preferences.

If that is not solving the prolblem, try to Clean the Preferences. You need admin rights. Find the subfolder 'utils' in the installation folder and run the CleanPreferences... file appropriate for your OS, whilc Captivat is CLOSED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, tried both of these already with no success, but thank you for your detailed reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a tip: you are using your email address as Adobe ID... not afraid of spam?

If this was not helping; it is also possible that the Themes you are using, which are a copy of the original Themes in the Gallery, are corrupted. If you are on Windows (which I presume), you find those themes in this folder :C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Layouts

Delete that folder while Captivate is closed. When you restart Captivate a new fresh copy will be made from the originals in the Gallery.

Something similar could happen with other folders under eLearning Assets, but that is rare. Layouts are most probable to be corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources