Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate cutting 4 seconds off an interactive video - need some help

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am entering a 3 minute video into Captivate to create an interactive video. Captivate is posting it as a 2 minute 56 second video. The last 4 seconds are vital to the video. How can I ensure that the video stays at 3 minutes. 

I attempted to load it into Premier Pro to add some blank length, but only 2 minutes 56 seconds of the video will show up in Premier Pro.

The video resides on my desktop, so I am not trying to get it from any where else. When I play the video on my desktop, all 3 minutes show up.

Kris Beisel

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird problem.

Which exact version are you using? You find the full version number under Help, About Captivate.

You inserted it as a slide video, since it will be come an interactive video. I don't quite understand that you don't see the last seconds both in Premiere Pro and in Captivate? What do you normally use to play the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 11.5.5.

The video runs on my Windows media player. It shows it is 3 minutes long.

Kris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the frame rate of the video as shown in its Properties.  Sometimes the discrepancy you mention can turn out to be a mismatch between the framerate of the video file and the frame rate of the Captivate project.  Captivate is usually 30 frames per second whereas some videos are 29 fps.  That one frame per second can add up over three minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please answer the most relevant question: do you have the same issue in Premiere Pro as in Captivate? PPT should open the full video whatever its framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources