• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate file won't open

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A candidate for a position submitted a sample Captivate work and I can't get it to open.  I am receiving the below error in Captivate 9.  I also tried to open his backup and I am receiving the same error.  It is only 50,958 KB so it isn't the size that is the issue.

Capture.PNG

Is it possible they created the file in a different (newer) version of Captivate?   How can I tell the version it was created in?  The Project.txt file says this "Captivate","generatorVersion":"11.0.0".  Does that tell you what version it was created in?

Any help you can provide with this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question: maybe that candidate is using a more recent version and in that case you will not be able to open it in a 3 years old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I tell the version it was created in?  The Project.txt file says this "Captivate","generatorVersion":"11.0.0".  Does that tell you what version it was created in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means it has been created with CP2019, which is the most recent version. To open that file, you could download a trial version, which is valid for 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error message usually means that the captivate file you are trying to open has been corrupted. Here is a helpful page of how to restore a corrupted file:

How to recover a corrupted Adobe Captivate project

This may require you asking for a new file from your sender which has not been corrupted.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MsAMES I think you didn't see that the OP is trying to open a project created with CP2019 in version 9, which is impossible. This is not pointing to a corrupt project, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources